Refuge

I pull up at the boys house and walk up to the door

I pull up at the boys house and walk up to the door. I already have a spare key, so I unlock the door and walk in. They're all sitting on the couch and turn to look at me. When they see my bloodied face and hands they hurry and come up to me. "Milan what the fuck happened?" "Yeah, are you okay?" "Did you get into a fight?" They bombard me with questions. I push past them and sit on the couch with my hands on my head.

"It was my dad. Damn drunkard got mad cause I didn't restock his beer, when I tried to walk away from him, he pulled me back and started beating me. As soon as I could I got up and started returning licks until he was out." Julian checks over my face and hands, "you're staying with us from now on Milan, no if, ands, or buts about it." I smile a little, "I was planning on it" I point to my bags. They all smile and tell me I need to clean up myself.

I head to the bathroom to take a shower. After I'm done and have done my skin care and other necessities I get ready for bed. When in bed, i fall asleep to thoughts of her.

•••

I wake up to a loud bump. The hell? I get up and stretch my body, I'm sore as hell. I rub my eyes and walk out my door. The sight im welcomed with makes me want to go back in my room and head straight back to sleep. I see Erin on top of Heroe, strangling him. Why wake up with this bs? I walk over them and to the kitchen when I smell something cooking. I see Julian making pancakes, eggs, and sausage. Great, I could use a nice meal.

I sit at the table and wait for him to finish cooking, as I'm waiting I get a notification from Gmail. I open it and start reading

---
Hi Milan,

Thank you for your interest in Dubois Industries. After further consideration I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for this position. Good luck on your future job search.

Valentin Dubois
---
I drop the phone on the table and run my fingers through my hair. I should've known. Why'd I think that I had a chance, especially after being caught looking at the bosses ass! This shit sucks. Julian sees that I'm upset and asks what's wrong. I show him the email and he frowns, "they didn't deserve you anyways." He tries to cheer me up, but it doesn't work. He stops trying and slides my plate of food in front of me. As I eat, all I can think about is the rejection.

•••

I drive up to the cafe parking lot with the other three behind me. Hopefully I'll see Valentin today and I can get an explanation as to why she didn't hire me.

I walk into the building and go up to the counter with Heroe and Erin while Julian goes and finds us a seat. We order and go sit down. The food gets here fairly quick and we all dig in. As we're eating, the door rings. I look up and there she is, Valentin.

I stand up and tell them I'll be right back. I walk up to her and she turns around and looks up at me. She's short as fuck, maybe a good 5'4 and thats just an estimate. She stares at me with those mesmerizing eyes of hers, "Mr. Aeneas." "Valentin I-" she cuts me off, "it's Ms. Dubois to you, what do you want?" And the lady said she was sweet? Whatever, "right, Ms. Dubois. I was meaning to ask you why you rejected me to work at your industry?" She rolls her eyes, "goodbye Mr. Aeneas." I take that as a command and put my head down, walking away. I just can't find it in myself to disobey her.

I get back to the booth we were sitting in and the boys are staring at me. I snap, "what?" They all quickly turn away and continue eating their food. I clench my jaw and bang my head on the table, she's so fucking infuriating.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••