Chapter 2

"Mom what are doing? He stopped mid sentence as he ogled my body. "What the? I tried to cover my naked body with my hands. "Ugh I swear I'm going to kill you I said throwing the bottle of shampoo on his face". Lucky idiot I whispered as I pulled out a towel on the rack. "I'm sorry" he said his eyes still ogling my half naked body. "Come on mom let's leave her along". "Oh my, darling aren't you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?" She asked with a smirked on her face. "Mom she is not my girlfriend okay"'. "At least not for now" he said in defense. "I'm sorry dear" she said with an apologetic smile and made her way out. "I'm sorry, I didn't know that she's coming" he apologized awkwardly. "Apology accepted". 'Now can you please get out of the bathroom so that I can finish my interrupted calming bath?" I replied with sarcasm. He left with a playful smirk on his face. I finished by rinsing with hot shower and I quickly dried myself and tried to find new sets of clothes in the closet. I found a white shirt with a cute logo that says "I'm a Mama's Boy" I giggled at thought of him all high and mighty wearing this piece of shirt. I laughed at the thought. I put on his shirt and like a thief in the night I made my way to the front door without being noticed.

My mom finally left and I sighed heavily after she interrogated me on why I haven't courted Jupiter yet. Oh, I haven't seen her since earlier maybe she fell asleep I thought to myself as I made my way to my bedroom. "Miss me? I said as I steal the cover away from her only to find out that I'm talking to a pillow. I panicked and shouted her name. "Jupiter! Jupiter! You don't want to mess with me I shouted" only to realize that she left me. What is wrong with me I only met the girl less than twenty four hours and I am going like crazy. She must have put a spell on me when I was asleep. Ugh I put my hands in my face in frustration. I don't even have her number. How can I search for her? I asked myself. I went to the kitchen and grabbed a bud and opened it. I ran my hands on my hair jhhfor countless time thinking on how I can search for her.

I hailed a cab and gave my address to the driver. I cursed myself as I will be late with my doctor's appointment. I quickly gave the driver the money and rushed my way to my apartment building. I changed my clothes as fast as I could. I turn the voicemail on and listen to the calls that I missed while putting some light make up. "You have fifteen voicemail messages". "Hi honey I want to remind you about your dad's birthday party tonight". Don't you dare not to come home because I will condemn you for the rest of your life." "That's all call me back as soon as you received this okay love you". Ugh like seriously? I rolled my eyes". "Why aren't you calling me back? I've been trying to call you since I went home from the bar. I am so worried. Call me back as soon as you received this Jane stated. "Hi Jupiter this is Gavin I just want to remind you about our appointment today. I turned it off and grab my keys and pressed B1 for basement one. I tapped my feet impatiently waiting for the elevator to open. I finally reached my car and turned the engine on. I turned on the radio and Ariana Grande's song Pink Champagne played on the radio I turned the volume up and started singing along. I parked my car in the garage and went straight ahead the clinic.

I knocked on the door and I was greeted by Gretchen Dr. Tan's secretary. "Good afternoon" she greeted. Dr. Tan is waiting for you inside you can go straight to his office. "Jupiter please take a seat" he pointed towards the chair in front of his desk. "So how was the result?" I asked nervously. "Well, it's uncontrolled and I have to give you a higher dose of medicine to control your tremors and to have your heart relaxed. "I see is it getting worst? I asked. "Not if you're going to stop drinking". I rolled my eyes at him and sighed heavily. "Whatever, it's not like I'm alcoholic or something I do drink occasionally but I know I'm not alcoholic". "Here" he handed me a piece of paper for my prescription. "Thank you so much for today" I said. "So Jupiter when can I take you to dinner?" he asked for the hundredth time. "Never" I replied with a playful smirk on my face. "You'll never know what you've missed" he called out as I made my way out. Sometimes I wonder if he's just making up my illness so that he can see me regularly I thought to myself he's crazy.

I dialed Jane's number and she answered on the first ring. "Jupiterf Freya Vanderholt! What in the world were you thinking?" I almost had a heart attack thinking that you were kidnapped or raped or worst dead". "What would I tell your mom?" I scowled as she scolded me. "I didn't know that you're clingy girlfriend and please stop calling me by ny full name" I said with sarcasm. "Jupiter I swear to" I didn't let her finished her statement. "Hey look I'm old enough to take care of myself for the love of God I'm twenty five years old so stop acting like my mom okay". I heard her sighed with relief. I really hate it when they treat me like I'm going to die I thought to myself. "So ugh we need to buy a dress for dad's birthday party tonight". We need to look gorgeous and presentable I heard he also invited some investors". "I'll meet you in fifteen' and she hang up. When will she learn to say goodbye before hanging up".