The New Life

"You better ask that question to your brother Fan as he doesn't seem very happy," I remarked, observing Mo Fan approaching with a gloomy countenance.

When he heard me saying that he quickly turned to see Mo Fan approaching us with gloomy clouds hanging over his head.

Trying to lighten the mood, Xiou Hou chimed in, "Exams are finally over. Freedom, yay!"

"So, Brother Fan, what are your plans after graduation?" I inquired, attempting to redirect the conversation.

"I am thinking of going to the high school but I don't think I would get the chance to enter it. So anyway why don't you two tell me about yourself?"

"Same here brother Fan. It would be great if we three make it into Tian Magic High School" Xiou Hou said, a dreamy expression with stars shimmering all over his face. "Ah, wait, both of you, I'll get us some drinks" He said before rushing toward the vending machine.

"So, Mo Fan what element do you think you would awaken if you get into the Magic High School "I said while looking towards him as I knew what would happen at the awakening.

"It would be great if I awakened fire or thunder elements; they're the best for firepower." Mo Fan said while scratching his head

"It would indeed be great if we could awaken one of those elements, "I said while nodding my head.

While we were waiting we heard some sounds of Mo fans' father from Mu family house. We approached the wall to eavesdrop on their conversation.

"Please, Elder Mu He, I beg of you, reconsider my request just this once," Jia Xing pleaded, knees on the ground.

"Jia Xing, why are you doing this again?" Mu He questioned, a disapproving look on his face.

"The tuition fees of Tian Lan Academy are too high for my family. I can't afford it," Jia Xing explained, maintaining a kneeling posture.

Mu He, sneering, dismissed the plea, "Don't even bother. Granted, even if I helped you, given your son's qualifications, he won't be able to become a magician anyway."

Their conversation continued just like in the story of them getting out of their house and Mo Fan not getting close to Mu NingXue again.

Beside me, Mo Fan clenched his fists, anger etched across his face.

"You better teach that POS a lesson in the future and make him apologize to your father for this," I suggested, placing my hands on Mo Fan's shoulders.

"You didn't need to say that. I was going to make him beg my father for forgiveness, no matter what," Mo Fan declared, shoving his fist toward the sky.

"It will definitely happen. I am sure of it," I reassured him as our dear friend returned with drinks, oblivious to the recent events.

"Brother Fan, Brother Vlag, I'm back... Eh? What's with your faces? Did something happen?" Xiou Hou asked, confusion evident on his face.

"It's nothing. Let's go" Mo Fan said while taking drinks from Xiou Hou's hands and I too took my drink from him.

After walking some distance while drinking, we all parted ways, heading home, with thoughts lingering on the unresolved tension at the Mu family house.