Igniting Curiosity: A Lesson in Basic Magic

After sending Xinxia to her house, which was conveniently located right in front of mine, I strolled back to my home, contemplating the changes in my body after the recent altercation.

As I entered my cozy space, I couldn't help but wonder about the new abilities I might have gained.

"Well, what kind of skills will I have now?" I murmured, tapping into my status screen for answers.

[Active]

[Darkness Aura -I]

[Descryption: The user can release and surround themselves in/with darkness/shadow for defensive and offensive purposes, possibly becoming almost untouchable. The aura may also give the user enhanced physical capabilities such as speed, strength, and durability.]

{1. Can shroud oneself in darkness for strengthened defense}

[Sharingan - II]

{1. Enhanced perception of the world, slow-motion vision, and the ability to memorize anything seen once.

2. Capability to mimic actions performed by others, further amplifying the slow-motion aspect of the eyes.}

[Mana Manipulation - I]

[1. Grants a certain level of control over mana flow, aiding in spellcasting]

The abilities seemed promising, especially the enhancements to my physical prowess and the heightened magical control. Smirking at my status screen, I contemplated the potential of these powers, particularly for the imminent confrontation with the monster wave in Bo City.

--------

{NEXT DAY - Tian Lan Academy}

As I sauntered into the classroom, occupying my usual seat at the back by the window—the classic isekai protagonist seat— the only difference being that I got this seat after coming into this world.

Anyways I sat as usual and as it was the lecture of a teacher who doesn't give a sh*t about what the students do in his class as long as there's no sound I started listening to music using my earphones with my head down on the table.

...

"Yet another mind-numbing session on practical magic release," remarked Kid1.

"The old geezer's lectures are the worst," added Kid2.

"Do you think we're clueless about the basics of releasing magic?" complained Kid3.

Suddenly, the door slammed open, introducing a new character to our mundane routine.

"Good morning, everyone. I'm Tang Yue, and I'll be your new practical magic instructor," declared Tang Yue as she entered the room.

"I suddenly want to study Practical magic release in detail, anyone?" Kid1's interest piqued.

"Count me in" Said Kid3

"I suddenly forgot what magic is. I need some private tutoring," Kid3 chimed in.

Tang Yue's entrance triggered a 180-degree shift in the male students' attitudes toward the practical class. Excitement filled the air.

Taking a seat with the class roster in hand, Tang Yue surveyed the students.

"Before we begin I did like to ask a question. Who among you awakened fire magic?" She inquired, her eyes scanning the room.

"Two, is it?" Tang Yue questioned looking at the no. of hands raised.

"No, ma'am. Vlad also has fire magic," Zhou KunSan pointed at me with a grin on his face.

"Brother Vlad wake up," Xiouhou said while trying his best to wake Vlad up.

Vlad, who was lost in the rhythm of his music, didn't register the commotion around him.

Tang Yue, the new instructor, strolled purposefully between the desks, her eyes narrowing as she approached the back of the classroom. There, she found me, head down, absorbed in my own world with earphones plugged in.

Tang Yue, displeased with my lack of attention, decided to intervene. She tapped my shoulder, a firmness in her expression. "Excuse me, Vlad. Class is starting, and I'm your new practical magic instructor."

I stirred, removing my earphones, still slightly dazed. "Huh? What's going on?"

"Good morning, Vlad. I'm Tang Yue, your new instructor. Be more attentive in my class," she said coldly, extending her hand to collect my earphones.

Cautiously handing over my earphones with my PMP, I complied. "Since you were dozing off, I thought I'd wake you up. We're about to discuss fire magic," Tang Yue stated, heading back to her position with an air of authority.

.....

"How could I forget that the old geezer would be replaced with her," I muttered, feeling a pang of sadness at the loss of my PMP.

"Right then, back to business. The purpose of this lesson is to instill appreciation for magic in you before you can learn it yourself," Tang Yue declared as she made her way back to the front of the class.

"Today, I will teach you the basic release of magic," Tang Yue announced, her gaze sweeping across the class.

"Mam, how powerful could a basic spell be? We shouldn't be wasting our time on it," complained Kid 4.

"Well, would you like to see how powerful it is? Look at that wooden target," Tang Yue pointed in a specific direction.

"Fire Strike - Incinerate," Tang Yue chanted the spell, and in an instant, the target was reduced to ashes.

"Wow, so powerful!" exclaimed Kid 1.

"I thought she was just a pretty face, but who knew she had that power in her," added Kid 2.

"This is the basic magic that you hold in contempt," Tang Yue remarked, her tone carrying a hint of challenge as she continued her lecture.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------_________________________________________________________________________________________________-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This chapter got delayed two times before I accidentally closed the file without saving it on the computer and another time as the light went out.

After failing to times I left it for a week😜

Anyway feel free to share your opinion on my story which is progressing as slowly as a snail.

Well let us wrap it up here.

See you tmrw