The Fight

Turning around, I was met with the menacing jaws of a wolf right in front of my face.

I reflexively used the Sharingan and was able to turn my head sideways in the nick of time.

"That was close,"

I muttered while inspecting the scratch on my neck. It could have been much worse, possibly losing my entire head if I hadn't evaded in time.

"Growl"

The wolf, not giving me any time to prepare, started circling me slowly, attempting to find the perfect moment to attack.

My thoughts mirrored its movements, but unlike the wolf, I was strategizing my escape.

"There must be more of you in the bushes"

I remarked. I knew wolves typically attacked in packs, so encountering a lone wolf was unusual. Remembering survival advice from a TV show, I pondered my options.

"AAWOOO"

I was taken out of my thoughts by the howling of the wolf which seemed to be calling other wolves.

As the first wolf lunged at me again, I dodged its bite, but another one followed suit and jumped at me again trying to bite.

"Do these shits not have claws or is it for decorations"

I said while I quickly used my arm to safeguard myself from any critical injury.

"Grrr"

Because the second wolf I was thrown on the ground and the second wolf was also approaching me with the intention of making me its dinner.

In a desperate move, I activated my darkness aura, strengthening myself to push the wolf off me, albeit with bites on my hands. I swiftly jumped to my feet, kicking another approaching wolf. Though the kick wasn't powerful, it bought me precious time to climb a nearby tree.

"F*uck, Dammit I was just here for the herb but I just had to meet these beasts "

I cursed, examining the bite marks and blood on my hands. Glancing down, I saw the wolves multiplying from two to six, with more lurking in the bushes.

"I will definitely kill every single one of you I promise you that Every Single One Of You will be killed I will make sure of it"

I shouted trying to suppress the pain while shouting and cursing at them

"This tree is pretty big I should climb a little higher just to be safe and to use the first aid "

I said while climbing the tree and looking at the wolves with hatred.

In the name of First Aid, I just had some disinfectant and White roll Bandage to put on the wound.

"Dammit, it hurts"

I cursed while using the disinfectant on the wound.

" I don't know how those people in anime and manga seem so used to wounds to not even blink at a cut from swords"

Those guys are really something

[New Skill Obtained] A notification flashed before me.

I looked at the screen in front of me knowing what I would have obtained.

[Pain Resistance-I]

[Description = Dulls the user's sense of pain or makes it easier for the user to bear more pain]

As I had thought it's this skill.

"Hah, I hoped it was physical resistance but something is better than nothing"

I muttered while looking at the compass pointing at a cave that could be seen from the top of the tree.

I used the darkness aura again but this time is used it to hide my presence so as to get out of there silently.

Just as I got down from the tree one of the wolves jumped at me for which I was prepared this time and was able to easily dodge it.

"I forgot that these animals have a strong sense of smell"

I admitted as I quickly ran toward another tree to climb it.

"Why didn't I think of that before?"

I said as I was climbing another tree.

"I need to make some distance between these wolves and me before descending onto the ground"

I murmured to myself.

"Maybe I could use the grappling hook "

I said as I took it out of my inventory.

After taking it out I tried to attack the hook to another tree by throwing it again and again.

After some time I knew one thing "My luck sucks"

Just as I said the hook was stuck on one of the branches of another tree.

"Today I would be able to complete my dream of becoming Tarzan"

After preparing my heart I jumped from the tree but unfortunately, the angle wasn't good and I ended up smashing myself into a tree.

"Ahh, S*it"

After getting my head slammed on the tree the first thing I saw was some wolf cubs sleeping at some distance from me.

And another wolf looking at me which was next to the cubs but to my luck I was quite some distance away from them.

After that, I used the darkness aura to strengthen myself and rat at my top speed to the cave

Some time later the wolves stopped chasing me.

"It seems even they got tired of chasing me now "

I again looked at my wound which seemed to have opened a little.

"Let me bandage myself before leaving and I should try to cover my breath so that these beasts don't smell me again"

I decided as I looked around me to find something to cover my breath.

Even after looking around, I didn't find anything useful to cover my smell

"Let's just try the trick in movies and put mud all over my body to cover my scent"

After this idea came to my mind I used a bottle of water to get it done.

"Now then let's move to the cave"

The cave wasn't much deep and I was able to see the end of it just from the entrance.

From here I was also able to see the elixer I was looking for but there was a problem.

The problem was quite large to be solved easily

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well, that's the end of the chapter.

Tell me if you find something to improve in the story.

Except my skill in describing the fighting scene.

Like it? Add to the library!