Episode 1 Part 5

[JSS Hakugei - Tank Garages]

(Aboard the Japanese schoolship, the day's practice session was ending, and most of the teams were getting back from their day of hard work. Miho Nishizumi's team in particular. After a long day of lobbing huge shells downrange in a superheated tank interior, the girls of Miho's team were ready to take the rest of the day relaxing. However, one girl had different reasons for wanting practice to end.)

Miho's Tiger pulls into the garage stall, rumbling to a stop.

The air of putrid oils and grease flowed throughout the interior, saturating the atmosphere with the scent of sensha-do.

A quite friendly and pleasant experience for any of the members of the JNST.

"Stop here please!" Miho said.

"Hai." Mako muttered in response

*Kreeeeek

The brakes were implemented, and the heavy tank slid to a halt.

Instantly, the loader of Miho's tank leaped out of her hatch, and landed perfectly on the floor.

"Yukari-San!" Saori (the radio operator) wailed

"Yeah?" The loader responded

"Don't jump out of the tank while it's still moving! You could seriously hurt yourself!!" Saori shouted.

"Okay, and?" Yukari said

"Huh, what do you mean and?" Saori said.

"Still in one piece aren't I?" Yukari said

"Well I mean...." Saori

And Yukari had disappeared.

"Geez, she's in a hurry." Saori said,

(Hana weaseled her way out of the loader's hatch)

"Saori-San. You know that she is running over to the live broadcasting of the tournament."

"But why is she so obsessed over it today?! You couldn't peel her face away unless you literally yanked her by the neck, it's harder than waking up Mako for the morning practice routine!"

"Isn't Carm-San playing today? I heard that he ended up being put in the commander's spot for the American team." Hana said.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well that explains a lot." Saori said.

.
.
.
.

[ Lounge ]

Yukari was watching the 18th international tournament semi-finals on the American broadcast service, which was being broadcast live in America, where it should be daytime.

Yukari sat down in a beanbag chair, fumbling with the TV remote

"Alright, move the channel to HDMI 2 already, I don't want to see Nekonya's PlayStation right now!" She said to herself.

*click

Yukari finally managed to move the channel to HDMI 2 after a little bit of fiddling.

And after scrolling a little while, she finally made it goto the Roku stick that she had imported from the US, one of the streaming services was broadcasting the match live

After yet more technical issues, she finally selected her account after what felt like an hour of scrolling.

*click