Episode 3 Part 2

========================================================================

[American sector - Semisphere - Highway 76]

(Yukari got on her electric bike and immediately tried to make her way to the large roadways so she could carry out a successful escape. On her way out, she drove down the tunnel that connects the American base to the highway, which was her only escape route)

Yukari's small bike zoomed down the tunnel.

The wind shot through her hair at 130 kilometers per hour, which was the limit her little bike could go.

The tunnel exit was just ahead, so hopefully she would've escaped any chance of being caught.

In one brilliant flash of light, she exited the tunnel.

It was a brilliant flash because the darkness of the tunnel gave way to the massive glowing advertisement screens that beamed on the highway from above, a sign that she was close to escaping.

She went up the ramp and made it onto the open highway, freely able to move.

Luckily, Yukari was nineteen and had her driver's license, so she was good to drive.

However, something was off.

Usually a bustling metropolis like the semisphere would have all kinds of traffic and other people driving on the highways, however, now,  there wasn't any traffic, anywhere.

An empty, metal street extended out in front of her.

While Yukari couldn't shake the felling something was off, she heard a loud noise over the wind in her ears.

*VROOOOOOOOOOOM!

"Engines? But I thought this was electric?" Yukari said, questioning the powerplant of her bike

However, the source of the engine noises manifested in her rearview camera

U.S. Army JLTVs

Yukari could make out the "Oshkosh" lettering on the grille.

No wonder why the highway had nobody driving on it. She rode perfectly into the maw of a trap!

Luckily, the JLTV only had a top speed around 120-ish kilometers per hour as it was made to be all-terrain rather than speedy, so she was getting away, albeit slowly, she just had to keep going fast.

One of the JLTVs had a loudspeaker on its roof, blaring messages.

"THE ROAD AHEAD IS BLOCKED! YOU CANNOT ESCAPE! DESIST IMMEDIATELY!" The loudspeaker blared