Chapter 90: Aftermath

Feeling an intense amount of killing intent directed at me, out of instinct, I awakened from my slumber, snapping my eyes open as I swiftly hopped toward my feet while searching for the source of the killing intent that was directed at me, only to find an injured Freyja glaring at me, though it seemed like Sebas were pinning her down.

"Tch, thanks a lot, Sebas. I would've finally killed him if it weren't for you." Said Freyja angrily as she glared at Sebas, who was calmly sitting at the helm, steering the ship.

"Hoho, I apologize I interfered with your grail, Freyja, but I can't just allow you to kill Captain; I hope this doesn't spark any hard feelings between us." Replied Sebas gently as he glanced at Diddy before waving his hand at Freyja, releasing the suppression, allowing her to stand up.

"Hmph, I'll think about it." Commented Freyja as she glared at Diddy, who was fearlessly staring at her before turning around and walking down the stairs, returning to her room.

Seeing Freyja leave, I sighed in relief, since after all that fighting I'd done, I wasn't in the mood to fight Freyja, not to mention I was still significantly injured, speaking of injured.

"Urgh! M-My body's a wreck!" Said Diddy as he collapsed to one knee while gasping for breath, clutching his stomach in pain, which was wrapped in several layers of bandages.

"Captain, you're awake!" Yelled Trenza when she noticed Diddy after coming to see what all the commotion was, causing her to run towards him in slight worry.

"Urgh, yeah, barely; I still would've been peacefully sleeping if it weren't for Freyja. Anyways, how long has it been since we've left Centaurea?" Asked Diddy as he leaned against the railing, wincing in pain, while glancing at Trenza, who assisted him.

"It's been a little over a day since we've left, Captain, but you should worry about that later; you're still grievously wounded, and it'll take some time for you to heal, so just rest for now." Advised Trenza lightly as she tried forcing Diddy to lay down, though her strength wasn't enough to budge him even when severely injured.

"Heh, a full day? I don't think I've ever been unconscious for that long; new record." Said Diddy with a smirk as he ignored Trenza's assistance and attempted to laugh, though that only caused him more pain.

"That's not something one usually keeps track of, Captain; who keeps track of how many times they've nearly died or how many times they were forced to flee?." Remarked Trenza with a shake of her head as she gave up moving him.

"54 and 13; actually, it's 56 and 14 now." Said Diddy with a grin as he looked at Trenza, who merely gave him a blank look.

"Haa, how did such a lunatic become the Captain of a pirate group? Actually, never mind, that makes perfect sense." Muttered Trenza in slight disbelief as she just looked at Diddy.

"Hehe, so where are we currently headed, Sebas?" Asked Diddy curiously as he shooed off Trenza and looked at Sebas, who was manning the helm.

"Nowhere in particular, Captain, just far away from Centaurea." Replied Sebas, his words causing Diddy to nod as the upper deck fell into silence.

'Tsk, I've never liked being forced to flee; it's such a pathetic feeling.' Thought Diddy in anger as he thought back to his fight with Lindbergh and Mini, which quickly turned into him fleeing for his life while carrying four people with him.

I was pretty angry at our result on Centaurea; sure, I had fun and enjoyed myself. I've even gotten stronger and learned about Haki, not to mention that after I heal, I'll once again get stronger. Yet, the feeling of being forced to flee easily outweighed all of those; after all, being forced to flee means you're weak, and weakness is something I deplore, something I strive never to be. Though, as the saying goes, there's always a bigger fish; granted, I never thought myself to be the strongest, and while it's true I've thought myself to be decently strong, that didn't really seem to be the case when fighting against Lindbergh.