Chapter 176: Discovery

Not only were the most powerful and influential people in the world shocked to learn about Chaos Kong's deeds, but so were everyone else: civilians, bandits, marines, pirates, bounty hunters, etc, you name it. Everyone was utterly flabbergasted as the news quickly spread across the entire world, reaching the ears of islands that had isolated themselves from the rest of the world.

The uproar about the death of a Celestial Dragon was like a raging fire that spread throughout the whole night, and by the time the first rays of the morning arrived, everyone knew of the name Chaos Kong; just like his name, the world was in utter chaos right about know. However, the one responsible for all this was oblivious and was currently flying through the forest of the Upperyard, searching for Robin, who he hadn't managed to find despite searching the whole night, which greatly infuriated him.
___
___

Flying through the upper yard on Nimbus, despite the whole night passing by, I hadn't managed to find Robin or even a trace of the Strawhats; granted, given this constant pain in my head, it's meddling with my senses, making it difficult to detect certain sounds, smell or tastes, but still, I've returned empty-handed; so has Sebas, and Freyja.

Speaking of them, about an hour after Freyja had joined us, I had ordered them to split up and search for the Strawhats, though the only person I could've really counted on was Sebas; even if Freyja found them, she'd keep quiet about it just to fuck with me, and she better hope I never find out about it 'cause I'll really rip on of her arms off. We also haven't encountered either Mael or Grand, though I could currently care less about them. Grand wasn't just some weakling; he had some decent strength, and Mael was pretty strong, so they were fine, and if they weren't, that wasn't my problem.

'Tsk, this is fucking annoying! My head is fucking killing me!' Thought Diddy with a furious expression as he grabbed his head while releasing an angry and pain-filled roar that awoke every slumbering beast who heard it, causing them to scurry away while whimpering in fear.

Grunting in frustration at achieving nothing throughout the whole night, I decided to head back toward the ruins; since it's where everything started, maybe I'll discover something useful. Besides, Robin might've passed through there since Sebas did say she was an archeologist, and that ruined city is at least a few hundred years old. Turning Nimbus, I headed back towards where everything started with Trenza, which was going to take a few minutes; I was decently far away, though while flying, I grabbed breakfast along the way in the form of a large deer; I didn't bother cooking it and just ate it raw, I was too irritated to do anything like that.

After a few minutes of flying on Nimbus while finishing the fourth leg of the large deer, I dropped the rest in the forest before entering the ruins, which looked exactly the same as we left them yesterday. Recalling Nimbus, I landed on top of a destroyed building and started walking around, getting a closer look at the ruins just to ensure I didn't miss anything, which isn't entirely out of the picture right now, given my condition.

"Stupid fucking pain; I should've just let Trenza deal with this." Remarked Diddy quietly, wincing in pain as he grabbed the side of his head while walking through the street, only to bump into someone.

I was too preoccupied with my mind to notice whoever was in front of me, so out of instinct, I brandished my nails as I intended to strike first and ask questions later, but thankfully, I managed to see who it was just before my nails pierced her head. Stopping myself only a few millimeters away from her eyes, I looked at Robin, who was cautiously eyeing me, before I retracted my hand while holstering Naga-sa back onto my shoulder.

"Good, just the person I've been searching for all fucking night." Remarked Diddy with an irritated expression as he looked at Robin, who sighed in relief and lowered her arms before raising her eyebrow, cautiously eyeing him in confusion.