Chapter 178: Nimbus's Abilities

"What are you doing, Captain?" Asked Trenza curiously as she cleaned her forehead and third eye with sterilized, boiled water by dipping a rag in it, whipping the blood and whatnot off.

"Now that I've finally got a clear head, it's time to learn more about my new pal, Nimbus. I like having control over my own abilities, which means learning what Nimbus can and can't do; if it can only fly, then this thing is useless, as I can already do that." Replied Diddy lightly while hanging upside down on a tree as he looked at Nimbus, which was floating right before his face.

"Clear mind? What are you talking about?" Asked Trenza curiously with a raised eyebrow as she gave Diddy a weird look, though he simply ignored her, causing her to huff in annoyance before looking away.

Gazing at Nimbus floating before me, I had no idea what to expect of its capabilities; I mean, devil fruits exist, for all I know, this cloud could turn back time; granted, I'd bet my life it can't. Since I didn't know what Nimbus could do, I started to think about everything clouds could do and went from there.

'Clouds can conduct electricity; they are formless, practically weightless, and can never be destroyed; what else? They can apparently enter a person's body.' Mused Diddy with a slight frown as he gazed at Nimbus before grabbing it with his hand, which defeated the concept of a cloud being formless.

Starting with lightning, I used a little bit of electricity and sent it into Nimbus, causing lightning to arc throughout its body; giving it my best shot, I pointed Nimbus at a random tree in the distance, intending to launch the little bit of lightning I had put into the cloud, and after some concentrating, I managed to succeed in doing so. Launching the bolt of lightning towards the tree, instead of a small lightning bolt, there was a large, thick lightning bolt, which turned the entire tree into charcoal, shocking Trenza as she leaped in fear.

"What was that? Enemy attack?" Questioned Trenza cautiously as she unholstered her pistols and gazed at her surroundings, only to spot a burnt tree, causing her to warily gaze at the sky.

"Enel didn't do that, I did." Said Diddy lightly with widened eyes as he hopped off the branch and landed on the ground before approaching the burnt tree.

"Eh, you did, Captain? Why did you do that? Was there actually an enemy attack?" Asked Trenza lightly, following after Diddy while holstering her pistols, standing beside him as the two gazed at the tree.

"I didn't mean to do that; I only meant to destroy a branch." Muttered Diddy with a slight frown as he tapped on the tree before glancing at Nimbus in his hand, causing him to smirk slightly.

"You intended to destroy a single branch, but you ended up burning the entire tree. I'm starting to doubt Freyja's claim that you train your lightning abilities every day, Captain." Remarked Trenza skeptically with a raised eyebrow as she walked around the tree before eyeing Diddy, who clicked his tongue before throwing Nimbus at her, which behaved just like a cloud and went right through her.

"Tsk, I had used my electricity through Nimbus, and I had only used a little bit, just enough to burn a branch, and maybe a little bit more; however, it definitely wasn't enough to burn an entire tree." Stated Diddy lightly as he outstretched his hand toward Nimbus, causing it to fly right back to him, passing back through Trenza along the way.

"If that's true, your cloud can strengthen your lightning? That's awesome! I want something to strengthen my pistol." Said Trenza with slightly widened eyes as she approached Diddy and inspected Nimbus, floating right on the palm of his hand.

"You've already got Sunaipu, a supposed cursed pistol, first; learn how to draw the full strength out of that before asking for something stronger." Remarked Diddy as he glanced at Trenza, causing her to lightly pout before sighing and nodding.