Chapter 179: Golden Bell

Patting my stomach in satisfaction, I looked back at the ruins and started walking toward them, while Trenza had long since left, seemingly wanting nothing to do with the crocodile that nearly ate her. However, while walking toward the ruined city above the clouds, I occasionally see sparks of lightning and flashes of bright light followed by a gust of hot wind. Now, I was no genius, but I could discern a battle was happening far above the clouds, and if I had to guess, it looked like Enel and Mael were fighting each other, which makes sense as when I had returned to this place in the morning, I had smelled Mael and Grand's scent, I was just far too annoyed to bother with it.

"Hmm, wonder who's winning. It better be Mael." Remarked Diddy curiously as he looked at the sky before sporting a feral grin, only to shake his head a few seconds later.

Ignoring the battle happening above the ruined city, I ran back towards the pyramid at the center of the city, and when I arrived back at the top after passing through the clouds, I noticed only Trenza was present, causing me to tilt my head in confusion as I looked at her.

"Where are Sebas and Robin?" Asked Diddy curiously as he approached Trenza, who was sitting on the ground, reading the broken pieces of the golden while he approached her.

"I don't know. They were already gone when I arrived, so I just decided to wait for you, Captain. I figured you'd be able to easily find them by following their scent or whatever." Replied Trenza as she looked up at Diddy before standing up and dusting herself while pushing the golden slab on her lap out of the way.

Nodding, I did just as Trenza guessed and sniffed the air, and after a few seconds, I locked onto their scent, revealing a trail that headed directly upwards, higher into the cloud, wherever the beanstalk led.

"They went up; c'mon, let's follow after them." Said Diddy as he leaped in the air, causing Nimbus to appear beneath his feet before squatting down and outstretching his hand.

"You should've let me get on your back first, Captain." Muttered Trenza lightly as she grabbed Diddy's hand, prompting him to yank her onto Nimbus, yet instead of falling right through, she was standing on it.

"Eh, how am I standing on your cloud, Captain? Did you do something to me?" Questioned Trenza curiously as she held Diddy's shoulders for support, standing right behind him while looking down at the fluffy yellow cloud she was standing on.

"I can control Nimbus, and since I can stand on it, why couldn't I make it so anyone else couldn't stand on it? Granted, this took several attempts to learn, but it was pretty easy after I figured out Nimbus reacts to my intent or will, and since I want you to stand on Nimbus, you'll stand on it." Replied Diddy with a slight smirk as he stretched a little before sitting down, followed by Trenza doing the same, though she was much more cautious.

"That's awesome; I wonder what else you can make Nimbus do." Said Trenza with slight awe as she gently rubbed her hands across the top of the fluffy cloud, which listened to Diddy's desire and started to float higher into the air.

"This is about it; I can make it take on whatever shape I want it to be, but that's theoretical; I'm not nearly proficient enough in controlling it to do so, though I'll get there." Stated Diddy with a faint grin as he glanced at Trenza behind him before looking down at Nimbus, excitement glowing in his eyes.

With Nimbus lifting both Trenza and me into the sky, we quickly left the pyramid behind and entered the clouds, eventually emerging from the other side. Looking up, I noticed there was still another set of clouds we could enter, and not only that, the sparks of lightning and flashes of light became much more frequent, along with the temperature slowly increasing.

"Captain, do you know if that's Mael fighting Enel?" Asked Trenaz curiously as she looked up at the sky, eyeing the cloud above her.

"I'm pretty certain it's him; I smelled his scent around the pyramid; speaking of scents, Sebas and Robins continue to go up." Replied Diddy calmly with a nod as he glanced around, noticing nothing of interest other than a few ruins and golden objects before shrugging his shoulders.