001. x

Spencer rushes forward, stopping the elevator doors with his bag.

"Sorry." Spencer tells the woman in the elevator. "Hi." He waves. Bedelia politely smiles at her as she walks in.

"Good morning. Which floor?" The woman asks.

"Uh, 6, pl-- hmm, you, too." He says. Spencer glances at her a few times, squinting. "Karaoke at The Benjamin."

"Excuse me?"

"You were singing karaoke at The Benjamin the night it closed." Spencer clarifies.

"I was. Good memory." Kate says. "Billy Joel might have died a little that night."

"Sadly, he was not the only one." Spencer says. "He got us started, but we went on to do a 6 song set."

"The '80s took a fatal hit, if I remember correctly." Kate says. "Have you guys seen the place that took over? It's like techno and twerking."

"Uh, it's not really my crowd." Spencer says.

"What? You don't twerk?" Kate asks.

Bedelia smirks at her husband's confused look, the woman doing her best to hold in her laughter.

"I was just-- I was kidding." Kate says, letting out a small laugh. "I don't twerk." She says.

The elevator doors open and they walk out.

Spencer holds the glass door open for the two.

"Ah. A gentleman and a scholar." Kate remarks.

"Thanks, baby." Bedelia whispers, Spencer smiling at her.

"Agent Hotchner's office is the first one at the top of the stairs." Spencer points out.

"Thanks." Kate says.

"Good luck." Spencer says as Kate walks to Hotch's office. The couple walk over to their desks, getting ready for the day.

"What? What surprised you?" Bedelia looks up at Penelope's question.

"Hotch talked to Emily." JJ says.

"And?" Penelope asks.

"She just doesn't want to come back." Rossi says.

"Why? She loves us." Penelope says.

"For what it's worth, Hotch is interviewing someone we've met before." Spencer says.

"He is?" JJ asks, trying to look into the office, but the blinds are shut.

"How many candidates is that now?" Derek asks.

"This one makes lucky number 10." Rossi says.

"What? See, this is what happens when I don't sleep. I miss thing." Penelope says. "Who is this person? Are they nice? Why is that the first question I always ask?"

~ ~ ~

They're in the round table room, waiting for Hotch.

"Everyone, this is SSA Kate Callahan from Andi Swan's unit. She'll be joining the team." Hotch states.

"Hi." JJ greets.

"Congratulations." Spencer says.

"Thanks." Kate says.

"How are Andi and Seaver doing?" Derek asks.

"Oh, they're great and they say hello." Kate says.

"Welcome, welcome." Penelope says.

"We can get started." Hotch says.

"Yes, we can." Penelope says. "Uh, The Mad Butcher of Bakersfield has left another torso in the desert. This brings the body count to 3 this month and still none of them have been identified."