011. breath play

"You guys. You guys! Kate has the best news." Penelope says, dragging said woman into the room, Derek following. "Say it before we have do to the other stuff."

"Good morning, I'm pregnant." Kate says.

"Ahh!" Penelope cheers.

"What?" Spencer asks.

"Buona fortuna." Rossi says, kissing both of Kate's cheeks.

"Congratulations!" Bedelia hugs her.

"Congratulations again." Hotch tells her.

"Thank you." Kate tells him.

"Congratulations." Spencer says.

"Thanks."

"Yes! Oh, my goodness." JJ hugs her. "Okay, so when I was pregnant, I wore headphones on my belly cause I didn't want Henry hearing all this creepy stuff."

"Oh, yeah, same with Theo." Bedelia says.

"Oh, that's a good idea. What did you listen to?" Kate asks.

"Uh, Beatles, Bee Gees. Spence insisted that he listen to Mozart." JJ says and Spencer smiles.

"Not as much Mozart as Theo got, I'm sure." Bedelia remarks, looking at her husband who smiles.

"Nice." Kate smiles.

"I hate to interrupt the joy, but we really need to get to Wisconsin, also known as the lovely Badger State, home of milk and cheese." Penelope says. "Heaven to me, Hell to the lactose intolerant."

"And mosquitoes the size of an impala, I swear on my life." Rossi says.

"Oh, good to know." Penelope says. "Okay, two weeks ago, Madison P.D. found the body of Mary Healy. Three nights ago, they discovered Donna Rayburn. And this morning, the body of Emma Ziko was discovered by her friend. They were supposed to go on a jog together. All three women had their wrists tied to the bed with scarves, and they were sexually assaulted before they were strangled."

"Patterns on the neck seem to be from a quarter inch rope." Spencer notes.

"Yeah, the abrasion marks aren't very textured." JJ says. "The cord material could be something like nylon."

"Madison P.D. found the same DNA on all 3 victims." Derek says. "And it says here that the unsub's not in CODIS."

"Middle class suburb. He's either a member of it or he blends in." Hotch says.

"Burglary isn't a motive. At Emma's, he ignored $200 cash on the dresser and a box full of expensive jewelry." Spencer says.

"Any signs of forced entry? Maybe he came in through an open window." Kate says.

"No to both. Maybe the unsub used a ruse to get in." Derek says.

"That's possible. Could be part of his M.O. so he's less detectable." Bedelia says.

"Maybe he knows when they go to sleep or he lies in wait." JJ says.

"If that's the case, it would take time. He's patient." Rossi says.

"Cell phone activity shows that Emma was home for hours. Did he watch her the entire night?" Spencer asks.

"Whether he knows the victims or not, he's hit his stride and he's not gonna take time to cool off." Hotch says. "Wheels up in 30."

+++

"Cartilage around the windpipe was damaged, but C.O.D. was actually a crushed trachea." The M.E. says.

"I'm surprised Emma didn't go into cardiac arrest before then." Spencer says.

"Also, each victim has advanced antemortem bruises around their wrists from the bindings." The M.E. says.