039. collision course

Bedelia gets to the jail where Spencer is being held until his arraignment. She's let into the cell area and Spencer immediately stands up when he sees her walk in.

"Hey." He quietly says.

"Hi, baby." She softly smiles, doing her best to keep her tears from falling. "You feel okay? Better now that... you know, the drugs?"

"Yeah. Yeah, no, I-I got some sleep finally." Spencer says.

"Good." Bedelia lets out a small sigh. She rests her hands on the bars.

"How, uh, how's Theo?" Spencer asks.

Bedelia initially goes to answer, but stops for a moment. Theodora's been having countless tantrums over wanting her father to tuck her in and read her a bedtime story. She knows telling Spencer that will only make him feel worse.

"She's doing okay." Bedelia answers. "She misses you, but she just thinks you're in Houston. We could only use the work excuse for so long with me home and JJ coming by to see your mom."

"Yeah." Spencer mumbles. "How's my mom?"

"She's okay." Bedelia promises. "Cassie's taking good care of her. JJ and the boys come see her. She tells Theo about stories -- both fictional and of you as a kid." She softly smiles.

"That's good. That-- good." Spencer weakly smiles.

"We're gonna get you out of here." Bedelia tells him.

"I'm so sorry, Delia." Spencer tells her in a broken whisper.

"No. No, don't be sorry." Bedelia tells him. "You were just trying to help your mom."

"You warned me it'd be stupid, though." Spencer says. "It was a stupid way. I could've been smarter about it." He admits. "You can say "I told you so.""

"I love you." Bedelia tells him. "We're gonna get you out of here. We'll get you free. Even if it's the last thing I do."

Spencer weakly smiles.

"I love you, too." He whispers, wishing he could hold her in his arms and kiss her. All he can settle for his grabbing her hand.

+++

Bedelia is in the interview room with Emily and her lawyer friend, Fiona. A cop leads Spencer to the room and lets him in, shutting the door.

"Spencer, hello." Fiona greets.

"Hi." He replies.

"Fiona Duncan. Emily speaks very highly of you." Fiona says.

"You, too. It's nice to meet you." Spencer says.

"I'm sorry we're meeting under these circumstances." Fiona says. "Emily, Bedelia, this is an attorney-client meeting. We'll need privacy."

"Yes, of course." Emily says.

"Right. Yeah." Bedelia nods, weakly smiling. "Are you okay?" She asks Spencer, holding onto his arm.

"Yeah." He nods, gently squeezing her hand.

"Okay." She gives him a reassuring smile before following Emily out.

+++

"That was the AUSA." Fiona says, getting off her phone. 

"Good news?" Emily asks.

"They're offering us a deal." Fiona says.

+++

"They want me to plead guilty?" Spencer asks.

"To involuntary manslaughter." Fiona says. "And the offer's two to five years."