018. target rich

"All right, little one." Bedelia grabs a couple of grapes in her hands. "I'll get it first try." She assures Theodore who sits in her high chair, eating the fruit and oatmeal Spencer made.

Bedelia throws a grape up, trying to catch it in her mouth, but it just hits her in the forehead. Theodora giggles as she sticks a handful of oatmeal in her mouth.

"Okay. Second try." Bedelia promises. She tries again, but the grape goes over her head. "Dang it." She whispers.

Theodora giggles more, sticking a small piece of grape in her mouth.

"Okay. Getting it this time." Bedelia assures. She throws the grape up, catching it in her mouth. "Yes!" She holds her arms up in victory, grinning at Theodora as she squeals and giggles. "Third time is the charm."

"Yay!" Theodora claps her oatmeal covered hands.

"Yes. Mommy rocks, doesn't she?" Bedelia grins, kissing her daughter on the head. Theodora giggles more, patting her hand on Bedelia's cheek.

"Mm." Bedelia grimaces at the oatmeal on her face. "Th-thank you, honey. So sweet." Theodora eats more oatmeal.

"Oh." Spencer winces as he walks in, seeing the breakfast food on his wife's cheek. "Still not using a spoon?"

"No." Bedelia rolls her eyes. Spencer's lips quirk up.

"Daddy!" Theodora squeals.

"Hi, baby." Spencer softly laughs, kissing her on the head. She reaches a hand out, Spencer quickly dodging it. "No hold handing yet." He says, lightly running his hand over her head. "Already getting mommy messy."

Bedelia grabs a paper towel and Spencer quickly takes it, grimacing at the oatmeal on her cheek.

"You have time to wash your face?" He asks, gently wiping the food of her cheek.

"And redo my makeup? No. I'll just smell like oatmeal a little." Bedelia says.

"Well, it's a good thing I make good oatmeal." Spencer smiles.

"It's kinda hard to make bad oatmeal. You stick a cup of oats in a pan of hot water." Bedelia says.

"It's very easy to make bad oatmeal." Spencer argues. "Be thankful you didn't know me in college."

+++

Penelope, Rossi, Spencer, and Bedelia all let out cheers when JJ walks into the bullpen. The blonde grins when she sees them, immediately pulled into a hug by Spencer who lifts her up, carrying her to the others.

"Welcome back! Welcome back." He tells her.

"I missed you guys." JJ says, hugging Bedelia.

"Oh, we missed you more." Penelope says, hugging her.

"Hey." JJ smiles at Rossi and as they kiss each other's cheeks.

"Oh, wow-- oh, my gosh, nice. Will's favorite brand." JJ says as Rossi hands her a box of cigars. "Thank you, Rossi." Spencer motions to the stacks of books. "And, Spence, wow."

"It's my original set. And I realize that most of this information is most likely on that "internet," but you can never teach old-fashioned research habits too soon."

"Internet doesn't need air quotes, babe." Bedelia quietly says.

"Agree to disagree." Spencer mumbles back and Bedelia rolls her eyes with a small smile on her face.

"How's the little guy doing?" Rossi asks.

"Oh, he's-- he's good. He's sleeping through the night for now, at least." JJ says. "Oh, and Spence, I showed him the picture of when you guys first visited and he started kicking his little legs and he smiled real big."