036. surface tension

Bedelia and Spencer are at the BAU and each at their desks.

"Hey!" Bedelia looks up at JJ's voice. "Welcome back." Bedelia smiles as the blonde makes her way over, hugging the brunette.

"Hey." Bedelia greets, giving the blonde a tight hug.

"Hi." JJ hugs Spencer.

"I missed you so much." Spencer says. "You must be Walker."

"Great to finally meet you two." Walker says.

"You, too." Bedelia politely smiles.

"It's really great to finally meet you." Spencer says. "We've heard nothing but wonderful things." Bedelia nods in agreement.

"Uh, okay, speaking of wonderful things, let's have it. How's your mom doing?" JJ asks.

"She's okay. You know, we have good days and bad days." Spencer says.

"Mm-hmm." Bedelia nods, hoping her smile looks convincing.

"So, are you still going to be going to Houston on the weekends to visit her?" JJ asks.

"No, actually, I--" Spencer stops when his phone rings. "Excuse me."

Bedelia hears her phone ring and goes to her desk. She frowns at Eliza's contact, but picks up.

"Eliza? Hey." Bedelia greets.

"Hey. So, um, Diana's nurse is calling Spencer. But I just wanted to call you to tell you that Diana kinda flooded the whole place." Eliza says. "She was having a, um... a freakout, I guess. And it-- it scared Theo, so we're in her room right now. She's not calming down very easily. I don't really wanna leave yet."

"Okay. Yeah. Yeah, uh... we'll be there in a bit. Thanks." Bedelia hangs up.

"I'm on my way, okay? Thanks." Spencer hangs his phone up. "Sorry, guys, we have to go."

"Everything all right?" JJ asks.

"A water pipe broke at my apartment. Tell Prentiss I'll call her when I can." Spencer says as he and Bedelia rush out.

"Wait, who called you?" Spencer frowns as they get into the elevator.

"Eliza. She said Theo's having a little meltdown of her own." Bedelia says, pressing the button for the ground floor. "Still wanna do this?"

"Yes. It-- it's just gonna take some time to get used to. It's a hard transition for everybody." Spencer says.

"Right." Bedelia mumbles, sighing.

+++

They're at the house and there's towels all over the place to help soak up the water. When getting home, Spencer had dealt with the water and nurse while Bedelia went straight to Theodora's room, bringing her daughter into her comforting hold.

Theodora had calmed down almost instantly once she had her mother, clinging to the woman like a koala.

After getting her to calm down, Bedelia went out to help Spencer with the mess. Eliza had stayed and helped out for a bit until Bedelia let her go, stating she and Spencer would be staying home from work for the day.

"Don't worry, I'm never coming back!" The nurse shouts.

Theodora whines, covering her ears. Bedelia gently shushes her, stroking her hair.

"Whoa, what are you doing?" Spencer asks as the nurse storms out of the bedroom.

"Leaving." She states, putting her coat on.