047. lucky strikes

Spencer walks through the apartment, still in his pajamas. He's holding Theodora who is responsible for waking him up instead of his alarm clock.

Spencer follows the smell of coffee, going into the kitchen. His eyebrows raise in shock at Bedelia completely dressed, her hair in a half up half down style. He watches her pour a cup of coffee.

"B?" He calls, the woman quickly turning around to him.

"Good morning!" Bedelia chirps, a bright smile on her face.

"Morning." Theodora grins at her mom, Bedelia giving her a warm smile.

"Are-- are you okay?" Spencer asks, a concerned frown on his face.

"Yeah, of course. Why wouldn't I be?" Bedelia asks.

"You... you hate mornings." Spencer says. "I have to drag you out of bed half the time." He puts Theodora in a chair at the table, noticing the green plastic plate on the counter, already having eggs and bacon on it.

"I'm excited." She grins, handing him a cup of coffee. "I get to go back to work. I get to hang out with all my work friends -- only friends, for that matter, which... yeah, no, I'm cool with 'em." She puts some fruit on Theodora's plate and gives it to her, kissing her daughter on top of the head.

"And... I get to go catch psychopaths." Bedelia whispers, grinning up at her husband.

"You're also kinda freaking me out." Spencer states.

"That's so mean." Bedelia pouts. Spencer's lips quirk up at her adorable expression. "I haven't worked in months, due to a stupid coma that some big ass piece of shit put me in." She keeps her voice quiet, still aware of Theodora right there.

"He's D-E-A-D." Spencer reminds.

"I know. Thank you, universe." Bedelia says. "But now I get to put a bunch of other bad guys in prison, or Hell, whichever comes first, and I'm not gonna get S-H-O-T in the neck this time and I'm not gonna take another super long nap."

"I get my gun, I get my badge, I get to talk to my favorite people, I get to be annoyed by cops who hate us, I get to be pissed off at, more than likely, some white dude with mommy issues."

Spencer frowns and Bedelia realizes what she pointed out.

"Not you." Bedelia says.

"Thanks." Spencer sarcastically smiles.

"But I get to have the feeling of wanting to punch somebody finally." She excitedly grins.

"Okay, now you're really scaring me." Spencer says.

"Now might be a good time to mention this is already my fourth cup of coffee." Bedelia says.

"Ah." Spencer nods. "Yeah, you-- you're cut off." He reaches for her mug.

"No." She frowns, pulling it back.

"Baby, gi-give me the coffee." Spencer says, trying to grab it.

"No. It's mine. I'm still thirsty." Bedelia says, walking backwards, holding an arm out to keep him away.

"Bedelia, give me the coffee." Spencer orders, putting his own down.

"No." She gives him an absurd look.

"Caffeine is the last thing you need." Spencer says.

"Okay, well, I want it. Don't act like you've never drank 20,000 cups of coffee in one sitting." Bedelia says.

"Baby, baby, please--" He reaches for the mug.

"No. No, Spence, you're gonna spill it." Bedelia whines.