Chapter 1 : French Class

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

Chapter 1 :
| French Class |

ARIEL JOCELYN GRIMES looks at the clock suspended above her French teacher's head, desperately hoping that the hands will magically move faster.

She glances around the classroom, noticing her classmates shifting uncomfortably in their seats, clearly sharing her impatience.

She looks at her right, there's Bianca Bloom, her best friend is sleeping and at her left, there's a guy playing tic-tac-toe alone.

As she glances at Bianca, she can't help but smile. They have been friends since childhood, sharing countless memories and secrets. Bianca's peaceful slumber is a familiar sight, a sign of the unbreakable bond they share. She reaches over and lightly brushes a strand of hair away from her face, careful not to wake her up.

Turning her attention to the guy engrossed in his tic-tac-toe game, her curiosity piques. He seems completely absorbed in the game, his brows furrowed in concentration. The pen in his hand moves with precision, making calculated moves against an invisible opponent.

As the minutes tick by, her mind starts to wander, envisioning all the things she could be doing instead of conjugating verbs and memorizing vocabulary. She imagines herself outside, basking in the warm sunshine, or hanging out with her friends at the local coffee shop, sipping on a frothy latte. Anything would be more exciting than this seemingly endless French lesson.

The teacher, Mrs. Garden approaches Bianca's desk and hits her ruler on the corners of the desk "Mademoiselle Bloom !" Her voice echoes through the silent classroom, instantly grabbing the attention of all the students.

Bianca's heart skips a beat as she wakes up from her nap. Her eyes widening in surprise, looking at the teacher. "Yes ?" She asks nervously.

"Étant donné que vous écouter bien mon cours, pouvez-vous répéter ce que je viens de dire ?" *Since you're listening, can you repeat what I just said ?* The teacher ask her.

"Huuuum Voulez-vous coucher avec moi ce soir ?" *Huuuum Do you want to sleep with me tonight ?* She answers even though she didn't understand nothing from the beginning of the class.

The class started to laugh at her response. She doesn't quite understand why, and her face turns a shade of crimson as she nervously fidgets in her seat. Thoughts race through her mind, desperately trying to decipher the reason behind their laughter.
Did she say something silly ? Did she unknowingly commit a social faux pas ?