Chapter 5 : The Bad Feeling

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

Chapter 5 :
| The Bad Feeling |

Forty five minutes as pass and no sign of Derek and Ellie. She tried to call him but no response. Growing increasingly worried, she grab her phone and attempt to call Derek, but to her dismay, there is no response. The phone rings relentlessly, yet he remains unreachable. Thoughts of various worst-case scenarios start flooding her mind, making her heart race with anxiety.

Did something happen to them ? She  wonder, her mind spiraling into a whirlwind of possibilities. Maybe they got lost on the way ? But that possibility doesn't makes sense since Ellie knows the forest like the back of her hand.

"Ariel Jocelyn Grimes !" yelled her best friend, waving her hands in front of her face to bring her back to reality. Ariel blinked a few times, her mind slowly returning from the daydream she had been lost in. "Stop making fake scenarios in your head."

"What if something bad happened to them ?" She wondered, her mind beginning to spin again with a series of imaginary scenarios. "Imagine a hunter found them ?!" She pondered, envisioning the dangerous possibilities that could unfold. Perhaps the hunter would stumble upon them in the dense forest, their hearts pounding with fear as they tried to remain hidden.

She feel her heart racing as Bianca puts her hands on her shoulders and locks her eyes into hers. Her touch is comforting, grounding her in the present moment. "Breathe," she whispered, her voice soothing and calm.

  Ariel take a deep breath, inhaling slowly, and exhale, feeling the tension in her body begin to ease.
Bianca's presence has a way of making everything feel okay, even in the midst of chaos. Her eyes, warm and understanding, convey a sense of reassurance that she desperately need.

As she continued to breathe, Bianca gently guides her through a series of deep, intentional breaths. With each inhale, she feel a wave of calm wash over her, as if her energy is seeping into her very being. It's as if she knows exactly what her friend need in this moment, and she find herself surrendering to her guidance.

"You go look for them while I stayed here just in case."

●●--●●

Ellie and Derek were walking in the forest for almost fifteen minutes and they didn't see any animals. The silence of the woods was eerie, as if the creatures that called this place home had vanished. They had hoped to catch a glimpse of deer grazing or squirrels scurrying up the trees, but there was no sign of life.

As they continued our stroll, the rustling of leaves beneath their feet was the only sound that broke the stillness. The dense foliage overhead blocked out most of the sunlight, casting long shadows on the forest floor. It felt as if they had stepped into a different world, isolated from civilization.