Chapter 8 : The first punch

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆~☆

Chapter 7 :
| The first punch |

Bianca didn't see her friend all morning until she arrived at school. Worried and curious, she wondered where her friend could be. As she walked through the school gates, she spotted Ariel standing by the lockers, talking to Scott and Stiles. Relief washed over her, but she couldn't help but feel a twinge of annoyance. "Where have you been all morning ?" she asked, unable to hide her frustration.

Her friend turned towards her, letting out a sigh. "I'm sorry," she replied.

"Where have you been ?" Bianca asked again, hoping to get an answer this time. Her voice filled with anticipation as she looked at the her friend.

Scott and Stiles exchanged glances, silently acknowledging the unspoken agreement that they should leave and give the girls some privacy.

With a nod from Scott, they both turned and headed towards the door. As they left, Bianca and Ariel found themselves alone beside the lockers. The air felt heavy with the weight of the unanswered question, and Bianca's heart raced with anticipation.

Her friend, sensing Bianca's eagerness, took a deep breath and finally mustered the courage to respond. "I went to hunt in the forest." She finally said, responding to her best friend's question.

Bianca's brows furrowed in confusion as she tried to make sense of her friend's statement. "They're blood bags in the fridge," she says, trying to figure out why Ariel went to hunt for blood if they'd bags at home. Confusion furrowed her brows as she pondered over Ariel's mysterious behavior. She couldn't understand why her vampire friend would venture out in the morning to find sustenance when they had a readily available supply in their very own refrigerator.

Every time she left the house, she worried about her safety and whether she would be able to control her thirst around innocent humans.

"Ariel, it's dangerous !" The redhead yelled in the hallway. Students turned their heads, their curiosity piqued by the urgent tone in her voice.

Ariel growled, her frustration evident on her face as she tightly gripped her best friend's hand. With determination in her eyes, she pulled her friend into an empty classroom, seeking solace in the privacy it provides. The room is dimly lit, with the soft glow of sunlight seeping through the partially closed blinds, casting long shadows across the desks and chairs.

She let go of her hand and closed the door before turning herself to face her. The room is filled with an awkward silence as their eyes lock, both unsure of what to say next. The tension in the air is palpable, almost suffocating.