Chapter 7: the duet

"Hi Ashley, I've heard so much about you.Happy birthday " I say in a friendly tone. She started to smile extra hard.

"It's an true honor to meet you, you're music is amazing." She says shocked, as if she's in a dream or something.

"Well Get ready, Nathan has a song that he wants us to sing for you, but you have to promise not to tell a soul about this."

I give her a serious look and she looks over to nathan for some clarification.

"She's undercover, she doesn't want her identity to be exposed"

she looked and slowly nodded.

She seems so innocent and harmless. I guess I can see why she's special to him.

~Ashley's pov~

I pull out my camera ready to record. They looked over at me.

"I might as well keep a memory since this is the one and only time!" I say excitedly.

The music started. Im so upset that I can't even enjoy it.

I mean first he goes M.I.A on me every night. Then he blows me off all day only to surprise me with Arra Shane?

She's just some average tragic pop star that never made it anywhere...well besides the thousand million records she's sold and how big of a model she's become.

Nathan is the biggest Arra fan I know. His whole room was filled with her face until I made him take it all down. We felt like it was a little uncomfortable to have another girl's face in his room while he's in a relationship.

Now its pointless. Who needs posters when you have the real deal infront of you. I cAn't compete with that.

The music is still playing, and Nathan started singing. Arra's face stops in amazement as if she never seen him sing before. She's just so perfect it's disgusting, but I can't help but to just fall to my feet for her. Its fucking Arra Shane!

I began singing along with the lyrics smiling and laughing. When it ended I walked over to both of them and smiled.

She turned to Nathan giving him a look. Not just any look. It was a look that I absolutely hated. I had to stop it.

So in a protective instinct I did what any girlfriend would do. I pulled him over and kissed him. Yup right in front of her. Her face was rather priceless since I know that made her uncomfortable. Consider that her warning.

He broke away from ths kiss.

"Can you please stayy with me and go to dinner with me and my family?"

I asked him in the sweetest voice ever. But seeing the pout face he just made gave it all away.

"Ashley. You know that I would love to go with you...but I have to help Miearra unpack her stuff in her new dorm room. I thought I told you that earlier?"

Seriously.

"I know that but baby, why? What's soo important about helping her soo much!?"

We both heard the door slam shut due to Arra leaving.

"I feel like for the past month and some weeks you've been gone and I want you back."

He can tell I'm getting upset. Shockingly I have a tiny tear falling out of my eye.

He kissed my forehead.

"Tell your family I said hi, baby I gotta go."

He walked away. Away from me with that girl he calls Miearra. Jealousy raging through my blood. He's not telling me something and I know just who to ask.

I walked out the back door and sat in my car. I'm going to find out what it is about them to. I drove off to my dear Nathan's house.

When I get there Chase answered the doorJust the person I was looking for.

"Hello Chase, I believe you have some valuable information you could tell me."

I walked inside the empty house. No one else is here but him. He closed the door with a surprised looked on his face.
"what are yiu doing here Ashley?"

"well as you know, today is my birthday."

"well happy birthday. Don't expect me to have anything wrapped for you"

I laughed at his remark.

"trust me what I want from yoy doesn't need to be wrapped at all"

"what is it that you're reffering to?"

"what do you know about this Miearra girl Nathan's been hanging out with?"

My face waa serious yet my tone was sorta nice.

"Oh you mean Miearra Porter? She's the girl that Nathan knocked out with a branch. She was in the hospital for like three weeks with a head injury and he snuck out every night to go comfort her.

Are you fucking kidding me.

"Eventually they got closer and now he won't stop talking to or about her. They're pretty much best friends"

I growl a little knowing that he lied to me for her. He likes her. He's always liked her. And she's gonna regret ever coming here.

"I gotta go." I say before leaving out the house.