Chapter 9: Thank You

~Miearra's pov~
*phone conversation*

"dude thats soo cool it's like you have your own tiny house. Everything you need including a mini fridge ! Whoever got you this suite is one hell of a humble dude"

Maddison said through the phone.

"well he's got the money for it"

"i still can't believe he did that fo you! I hope you were nice."

I was silent for a moment.

"Miearra! You didn't even say thank you?"

"Maddi I didn't ask for this. I'm suppose to be living a normal life, how in the hell is this gonna help?"

"look. I know we both came here to escape from the past life. But he can't help but to be soo sweet. Believe it or not but you guys are getting pretty close. You're practically like his best friend! Which sorta makes me a little jealous but I adore it"

Seriously?

"oh please we just met eachother"

"soo! But you still like him!"

She practically yelled out through the phone.

"Madi cut it out. you know i quit all of that stuff after Justin. All of it is bullshit."

"whatever. I know you too well and weather you admit it or not, you adore him too."

"I also adore his girlfriend Ashley too." I say in a sarcastic tone.

We both laughed.

"I bet you she has bitch written all over her!"

I love my best friend. She always has my back.

"Maddi you don't even know her. Anyways I'm gonna go shower."

"Think of me while you're gone?"

"Oh shut up. Goodnight love"

"Nighttieee" She said before the phone clicked dead.

I fell back on my new massive bed and looked up at the ceiling. This is really a nice room makeover. Maybe Maddison is right. I can't be mad at someone who wants to help.

I got up off the bed and to the bathroom. Shower Time.

In the shower I started singing Miley Cyrus "Adore you" while rubbing scented body wash all over.

"I will alwayss adore youu" I sang. I don't know why that song came in my head. I was feeling mileyful and found myself singing all of her sweet songs.

After I showered I got dressed putting on some pajama pants and a long off the shoulder shirt that I would normally wear to dance rehearsal for performances.

I walked over to the sink to brush my teeth. Finishing up I looked up in the mirror. My hair was everywhere.

My hair is naturally curly and long. It's also a hassle. I could've waited to wash my hair but I was tired of seeing it straightened.

Only one thing to do now. I began putting my hair in a crazy messy bun on the top of my head.

Easiest thing to do at night.

I finally sat down and turned on the tv. Tonight was a gloomy night with no stars out.

They decorated everything else but forgot to put curtains over the window. Idiot.

I began hearing yelling outside of the door. I paused as I tried to get a clear picture of what was being said.

"Ashley will you calm down!"

Hearing the name I knew who it was. He sounded so frustrated. I felt bad for leaving him out there like that.

I got up and slowly opened up the door. There he was sitting there yelling through the phone. He stopped and looked at me as I reached out my hand.

"You'll wake up the neighbors" I quietly said to him. He got up and walked inside. I could tell he hung up the phone because it was suddenly quiet on the other end.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

He sat down on the end of the couch looking down at the floor.

"Miearra if I did anything wrong I'm sor-"

"Nathan no, I'm sorry. You've been nothing but nice to me and I snapped. I guess I felt it was too good to be true"

I too looked down at the floor.

I felt his hands lift up my face.

"you're welcome"

he began smiling which caused me to smile also.

"So she knows now."

I Raised a brow.

"I thought you weren't going to tell her?"

"My brother Chase did. She went to my house right after we left."

"Oh my gosh seriously?"

"Yes! she's weird!"

His face got redder and redder.
Woah he's pist.

I held his hand. It seems he needs a friend to hold on to when he's upset.

"So what are you gonna do?".

He went silent for a minute after I asked him that question.

"How was the shower princess?"

I look confused for a second noticing that he ignored my question, but I'll let it slide.

"How did you know I showered? Is that another one of your surprises?"

My sarcasm is so on point but he knows I was just joking.

He chuckled

"Actually your hair is all curly and wet, I can smell the soap too"

I stuck my tongue out and began turning the channel. I left it on boomerang since my favorite cartoon was on. Nathan gasps and stares at me.

"What, why are you looking at me like that?"

"No way you watch Tom and jerry! Thats my favorite cartoon in the whole world!!"

He yelled while jumping up and hugging me like a little kid. I laugh at the little boy who was probably older than me but didn't act like it.

"Immaturity at its best"

I got up to lay on the gigantic bed still watching Jerry beat Tom and get away.
I looked at him.

"You know you can lay down too if you want."

He got up and laid right next to me.

"I meant on the conch"

He shushed me indicating that he was completely focused on the tv. I couldn't help but to laugh and enjoy the show too. After a while it went on commercial.

"I didn't tell her because it would've ended right then and there" he said.

I turned to look at him not knowing what he was talking about.
When he realized my eyes on his he smiled. Showing off his perfectly white teeth.

"I didn't tell Ashley about you because if I did our relationship would've ended right then"

"You and her's?, I mean that's a little obvious"

He nodded. "I was referring to ours. Me and you, our friendship"

I wasn't expecting him to say that. I stared at him not knowing what to say.

"Either way it went her and my parents always find a way to keep me from whatever makes me happy. But this time i'm not letting them take you"

Right after he said that he fell into a deep sleep. I didn't really realize how exhausted he was. I didn't know that I made him happy either.