Chapter three: Strangers in the visiting room

~Nathan's pov~

"What happened?"

"Um I don't really know, I was running from these group of girls and ran into some garden. After a while i knew they were gone so I just relaxed a little looking at the bushes. Then I heard a sound coming from the bushes and P..panicked. I got a branch and just started swinging and there she was. Lying on the floor. I rushed here as fast as I could!"

"Where did you struct her? How bad?"

"Idk the head im assuming? Can you just get me a doctor dammit!"

I yelled at the complicated nurse who was asking me so many damn questions. I watched as they took her off into the back.

"Shit!" I yelled again hitting the wall with my fist.

"Woaah Nathan, calm down!" I hear my brother Chase say.

I turn around walking towards him. He can tell that I'm freaking out.

"Just breathe, she'll be fine and so will you, just when she wakes up tell her not to tell anyone about it so that way mom and dad won't find out" he says calming me down.

"Dude, I'm so glad you're here." I say while we both sit down waiting to hear from the doctor. Another girl barges in the waiting room and she looks paranoid.

"Where the hell is she? I got the call and came as soon as I could"

"What's your name sweetie?"

"My name is Madison tell me where the fuck my bestfriend is Brown"

"She's back here. Doctors are still running tests and operating on her, but from what it looks like...she'll be awake at any moment"

She sat next to Chase and I irritated. She starts to wimp and I see a tear drop fall from her eye.

What have I done?

"Im so sorry" I say to her. But she just looks up and looks back down not wanting to be seen.

About an hour later everyone is sleep, drowned out from sadness and hopeless. The room is still silent since no one in here is energetic to talk about anything. A doctor came out and broke the silence.

"To whom regards to Miearra Shane Porter, I am here to say that She has a medium concussion but has been responding to the tests very well. She is now awakening"

Madison jumped out of her seat and ran to the back. I didn't want to disturb her and her peace with the girl I gave a medium concussion to.

"I'll just wait til everyone leaves.." I say to Chase while slowly dozing off.

~Miearra's Pov~

I wake up with a terrible headache. Why the hell am I in the DU hospital?

"Ow" I say out loud taking in a huge amount of pain.

"Miearra! Are you okay!? Do you know who I am?" Some very familiar girl comes in a says.

"Ummm yess...I share a dorm with you and I've known you for a really long time...but my head hurts too much to recall your name" I say a little confused.

"She will have trouble remembering specific things like names for a couple of days maybe even hours if she's lucky. We hope that she won't have any other complications besides migraines and trouble retrieving some information. Otherwise she'll be fine" The doctor says.

He leaves and she stares me down giving me a look.

"What the hell happened!? I leave you alone for like 30 minutes and you're already in the hospital!?" She starts yelling and freaking out.

"Dude! Can you shut up and stop yelling. my head hurts bad and honestly you're not helping." I complained.

" I don't know what happened. Its too much to remember. Everything's like a blur to me"

She stops and pouts. "Im sorry Miea. Its just you scared me to death. You know you mean the world to me. I could never make it here without you."

I felt her hug me softly.

"I know, I know. I'll be fine. Im not dead" I say with a smile.

The doctor came back in telling us that I can't leave until they're positive that I show no signs of any brain damage.

Great news right?

A couple more minutes later I watched my bestfriend leave me here in this cold ass room. So I slept not knowing what could happen next.

*After visiting hours*

'Bang bang bang...' I'm disturbed from my very painful yet peaceful dreaming. Looking to the side it's about a quarter to 9.

Who is knocking this late?

The door opens and a tall guy with deep blueish gray eyes. His skin reminds me of baby powder.

Or was that the pain killers talking? His hair is like a b-

I was cut off of my thinking when he spoke.

"Hi, how are you feeling?" He says walking towards me.

"Who the hell are you?" I say snapping back.

Then suddenly it hit me just like that branch did.

"Wait, I seen you...You're that jerk who hit me in the head with a branch!" I start to yell feeling myself becoming furious.

"No no! Well technically yes...but it wasn't intentional. Just please listen to me." He says in a nervous tone.

I look up at the ceiling and back at him again.

My name is Nathan"

"Ok Nathan. Why the hell did you hit me with a tree branch?"

I can feel myself getting impatient.

"I didn't know you were an actual human. I thought I hit some type of animal or something. All I heard was the bushes rumbling and i just did what came natural to me"

I give him a look. Since when is it natural to take a branch and hit little animals?

I keep looking at him waiting for him to come up with some more bullshit excuses.

"I know you're in alot of pain, and that reason is because of me. Nothing can excuse me from this but I'm really really sorry."

His eye's turned into a deeper blue and even though I didn't know the guy I can feel his sincerity in his tone when he apologized. It was believable.

I nodded my head in agreement.

He asked me not to tell anyone about the whole incident where he struck me with a branch. But I was so tired, all of that slipped my mind and I quickly fell into a deep sleep of endless thoughts.

The stranger who watched me sleep away wasn't a stranger to me anymore. Now it all makes sense to me.