22

I walked into the party and looked around I saw him sitting on the couch in the corner of the room, legs spread and dealing with a customer...

————
I push through the crowd of drunk and dancing teenagers to the corner of the room where two couches that were set up in an L shape. I see he notices me from the corner of his eyes and goes back to taking to the couple in front of him. The couple walks away and I move to stand infront if him as he looked up at me.

"Ashtray why are you here?" He looks at me with a straight face.
"I'm dealing what does it look like I'm doing dancing for my enjoyment?" He rolled his eyes. Then looked at me.
"What are you doing here?" I was taken back by his question did he expect me to stay in that house all alone pondering my thoughts and not wonder where they went or leave.
"Maddy invited me." He looked my outfit up and down.
"Surprised your not wearing a dress considering your friends with maddy and her best friend Cassie."
"There's nothing wrong with wearing something different from your friends and I don't own any dresses. Where have you and fez been all day?"

"We've been at the store." It was now my turn to look at him with a straight face.
"Are you dumb?"
"No I'm not dumb asstray!" I said his name wrong on purpose to annoy him.
"First off all its ashtray and me and fez, run your grandmas store when she got sick"
"Oh well I didn't know,it's not like my uncle ran off with me for years and never let me see my family!" He face dropped and looked like he felt a shred of regret in his statement.
"I didn't mean it like that,I know you haven't been around and I just-
"No,he he used me as a business partner. I wasn't his niece I was just someone who lived in his house and someone that sold drugs for him. I wasn't a child. I wasn't allowed to have a personal life." I start to walk off when ashtray got up and caught my wrist.
"Sapph I'm sorry I didn't mean it or to call you dumb cause you didn't know we ran the store I didn't mean to upset you. I know you've been through a lot and I don't want to even to try and think about the things that has happened to you while living with your uncle rubin." Ashtray sat on the couch and make me sit next to him. I wasn't expecting him to apologize but he looked serious.

"Do you and fez go to the store every day?" He looked over at me looking less bothered by my presence than when I first came over here.
"Pretty much expect when we have a deal at the house." I nodded taking his answer as pretty much all the conversation we would have.

About an hours later fez joined us on the couch smoking weed, obviously high.
"What are you doing here sapp?" Fez's voice was low and slow due to him being high.
"You'd know if you answered your texts." I didn't feel like defending myself, he wasn't my guardian or my father.
"What ever sapphire." Fez walked away,I was confused was he seriously mad that I came here with maddy?
"Don't worry about his Sapph he's just overprotective of you since your his little sister and he wasn't there to protect you when you were growing up."ash spoke calmly something I find he only does with me....