CHAPTER 14 - Return

A/N - After this chapter, the point of view will be switching between Group A and Group B. This chapter will follow Group B, but the next will follow Group A and continue to switch until the two groups reunite.

Also, I'm sorry I've made everybody wait so long for another chapter (over a month, wow). I wanted this chapter to be special because, after almost 3 years, All's Fair in Love and War has finally hit 1K reads!

This is insane to me because this book started as just a tiny little project I wanted to do on the side while I was working on BFBA

This is insane to me because this book started as just a tiny little project I wanted to do on the side while I was working on BFBA. Now, BFBA has been discontinued, and this is my main project, so that's pretty cool.

Also, I wanted to take this time to advertise one of my other books. I doubt that most of the people reading this are Danganronpa fans, but for that small selection that is in that community, I have a Danganronpa fanbook that I update every Thursday, which just recently got to the first murder, so go check it out if you feel like it! Now, back to the actual story.

As Woody pulled the pod into the dock, he could hear someone in the docking station start speaking.

"What the- didn't Blocky already come back? Why is there- who left?" Woody couldn't pinpoint the voice quite yet, but it felt familiar. As the person working the docking shift at the time walked up, Woody immediately recognized them. Fries.

Woody opened the pod door and walked out, much to Fries's surprise. "Woody?! Weren't you captured?" Fries stepped back. "Blocky also said you... turned..." He gasped. "You brought members of the enemy!" Fries turned to run and warn everybody, but Woody grabbed his arm. "Let me go, traitor!"

"Fries! Stop!" He reluctantly did so after about 10 seconds. "Look. I'm not here to destroy anything. You of all people should know that about me. I'm here to do the opposite." The former farmer looked confused.

"What do you mean?"

"I'm here to end the war." Fries was silent for a second, then he burst out laughing. "What's so funny?" Wiping tears from his eyes, Fries responded.

"Stop the- stop the war?" He guffawed. "That's hilarious!" After a bit, Fries stopped. "Oh. You're serious." He rubbed his dreadlocks nervously. "That's... interesting." Suddenly, he tried pulling away again, but Woody grabbed harder.

"Dude. Stop. I'm being serious. Four sent me back here for a reason."

"Yeah, to kill us all!"

"Will you shut up about that? I'm genuinely trying to stop this whole thing!" Fries scoffed.

"Sure you are." Woody squeezed harder.

"I swear I am! How can I prove it to you?" Fries contemplated for a moment.

"Well, I would like it if you let go of my wrist." Woody complied, and Fries ran off.

"Damn it!" Woody sat down on the ground, exasperatedly putting his face in his hands. Leafy walked up and put her hand on his shoulder.

"Don't worry, Woody. I feel like he's just scared. I mean, after Blocky came back and told everyone that you flipped sides, I can see why people wouldn't trust you trying to help." He nodded.

"Yeah. I mean, I would understand if it was someone like Yellow Face or Firey Jr, hell, even CRT or Birthday Cake! But Fries? He's easily the most logically thinking, mentally sound person on this ship, other than possibly Taco or Barf Bag." He sighed. "I'm just... disappointed. I thought that he might understand." Leafy sat down next to him.

"I get it. Sometimes, people you think are going to react a certain way to something just... don't. But, you need to understand that things won't always go a certain way. People are complex. They're confusing. Unpredictable at times. It's how we're built. But, no matter what, you need to push forward. No matter how non-understanding somebody is." Woody looked up, about to ask something, when Leafy stopped him. "If you were about to ask how I know so much about this, it's because I'm a licensed psychologist. Ask anybody else from Four's ship, and they can confirm that." He looked around, and Lollipop and Ruby both nodded.

"Gelatin was the most shocked," Lollipop stated. "He thought that Leafy wasn't capable of understanding anybody's feelings."

"Why's that?" Woody asked. Leafy looked away sheepishly.

"I wasn't exactly the greatest person throughout high school." She sighed. "I might have stolen my boyfriend's car for a dare after he didn't let me take a ride and crashed it." She sighed again. "I still regret it to this day. He broke up with me afterward."

"Who was it?"

"A dude named Firey Scorcher." Woody choked on the air.

"I know him! He's kind of stupid." Leafy stifled a laugh.

"Don't say that!" She smacked him playfully. "No matter. How is he now?"

"Well, he's dating Needle now, so pretty good I'd say." It was Leafy's turn to be surprised.

"Needle?! She was my best friend! And I was also kind of attracted to her!" She facepalmed. "I'm so stupid!"

Woody was about to comfort her when five people entered the area. He recognized them as Fries, Puffball, Evil Leafy, Pillow, and... Blocky. When they entered the room, Blocky stifled a gasp.

"Woody... what the hell are you doing here?!" He grabbed him, pulled him up, and punched him in the face. "You dirty traitor!" Woody pulled away.

"Blocky, stop! Please!" Blocky held his fist back. He rubbed his hands down his face.

"Sorry." He exhaled heavily. "Just... you said you weren't coming back. So why did you?" As Woody started to answer, Blocky interrupted him. "No. Never mind. Save it for the captain." Woody gasped.

"You're taking us to X?!" As Blocky spoke, the other four grabbed ahold of the rest of Group B.

"Yes. You betrayed the crew and came back with three members of the enemy crew, and... Flower, who also ditched us. You're being interrogated by the captain himself. Now come on." Blocky grabbed Woody and started leading him to the captain. As he did so, Woody couldn't help but wonder how the other group was doing.