Chapter 9: New Year, New Mario, New Sora

(December 31st, 2017, to January 1st, 2018) New Year's Eve to New Year's Day

As the clock ticked down to midnight and the new year, people were getting ready at Peach's Castle. Whether they were looking at the sky, eating, or just talking, everyone was excited.

Wario for one was one stuffing his face at the buffet table, while Bob and Boopkins played excitedly with a sparkler.

Bob: LoOk At ThE pReTtY cOlOrS, i'M gOiNg BlInD, sH!T! hOld Up, I gOtTa Go GrAb AnOtHeR dRiNk. (walks up to a Bob-omb) HeY, cAn YoU mInD tHiS fOr Me FoR a SeCoNd?

Bob handed over the sparkler, not realizing he'd just handed the firework to a living Bob-omb. Before it could explode, Sora came to hit it with his keyblade like a golf club. This impressed Riku at the distance.

Riku: I'm still amazed that you make it through this world for months. Even if it's means I ended up being a roommate to you at this castle.

Sora: At least I consider myself as an older brother to Meggy.

Riku: I guess that you're like an uncle to Crystal as well.

Sora stares at Riku with a confused face.

Riku: That's how it works on your analogy here at this case. If Meggy's like a sister to you, even if she's a different species from our own, then Crystal is a niece to you.

Sora: I guess that I'm a good uncle to Crystal as well. Since me and her are like a bright light that shines even in the deepest of darkness. Since she is Meggy's little Sunshine after all.

Riku: That's... a good comparison there. The only difference...

Sora: It's all about world of origins, Crystal is born in this world and still a young kid. While you and me are born back at our world years ago, even if you're a year older than me.

Riku: Touché.

Closer to the edge of the roof, Meggy and Crystal looked excitedly as SMG4 set off some fireworks, Luigi is just a short distance away. Then out of the blue, Mario arrived on the roof.

Mario: Hello! (laughs) Scuse-a-me everybody! Mario just found out about what New Years resolutions are! Mario is gonna be a changed man this year!

SMG4: Right... and what is your New Years resolution?

Mario responded...

(minute marks 0:45 to 0:56)

Within the crowd, Sora and Riku are not laughing at the situation. The two walked to Meggy, who is not laughing as well.

Sora whispered about Mario's predicament to her, Meggy is giving Crystal her bottle in her stroller before calling out.

Meggy: Oh come on guys! At least he's trying to improve himself!

Sora: Meggy's right! Everyone improves themselves at some point!

Riku: Both Sora and Meggy is right. I'm sure that we all have our own resolutions. Mario's is all about weight loss. So, what's your resolutions everyone?

The first one to respond to Riku's question is Luigi...

(minute marks 1:06 to 1:29)

Sora: Want to check on everyone else Riku?

Riku: Sure, at least it's much easier than finding you.