(4) The secret

Seonghwa and Hongjoong booked the trip, they got the best rooms in the hotel, very close to the beach and the pool. No one could really wait to go on the trip, they really needed it.

San sat at his desk in his shared bedroom, Wooyoung was still downstairs talking to the others. San asked what days they'd go and to his biggest fear they'd go for quite some time, which would mean during the full moon aswell.

No one knows Sans secret, he was bitten about a year ago, he is scared of himself and doesn't dare to tell anyone, what if he gets killed? He doesn't deserve that. He managed to keep his true identity hidden from everyone, even if that meant he had to skip quite some late night parties to ensure everyone's safety, Wooyoung never suspected a thing.

It was traumatizing for San, getting bitten like that and going through the painful transformation every full moon and the 2 days after that. It was an excruciating pain with his body turning and cracking he didn't want to go on like this but he would never leave his friends, and he also noticed he doesn't get badly hurt fast. He covers up his scars he got from fatal injuries he magically survived, Wooyoung once saw one but San said he just had an accident when he was a kid. He actually got most of the scars during those nights he'd transform into that hideous beast.

He would be running around, completely insane in his wolf form, he had accidentally attacked humans once, after that he always locked himself up in the days of the full moon, just so he wouldn't hurt any of his friends.

San sighed, remembering the vivid images of people covered in a red substance screaming and in the end, dying. Because of him, he softly started crying thinking about the horrible things he'd done on those nights. ''I just can't control it'' he manages to get out, hyperventilating due to the stress of the situation he's in.

''I can't go on that trip- I just can't.'' He tells himself and shakily stands up from his deskchair, going out of the room and quickly wiping his tears. He slowly makes his way into the living room where everyone is, he watches for a while how all his friends are laughing while drinking some Soju. San really loves his friends, he would never hurt them, not as a human. He shakily sighs and steps towards Seonghwa.

''I need to talk to you Seong..'' He says quietly, trying not to make the others look their way. Seonghwa notices the stressed out look on Sans face and immediately takes his hand and takes him out of the living room. ''guys i'll be right back'''He says quickly and takes San to the guest room.

He quickly hugs san to try and calm down the stressed male. ''Sannie what's wrong?'' San stiffens at the question and just holds Seonghwa for another good minute. ''Seonghwa hyung.. I have a big secret.. but I really can't tell you. I just don't know what to do with the trip 'cause then I won't be able to hide it.'' He manages to get out, Seonghwa thinks San is maybe a person who gets homesick easily and hugs him tight, sitting on the floor with him, their backs against the wall.

''It's gonna be alright San, and know you can tell me anything.'' San knows this, but his secret is too big and too dark to come out. They just can't know. San nods and rests his head on Seonghwa's shoulder.

''Thank you hyung.. thank you'' He says, eyes slowly closing because of how tired he had gotten from the crying. Seonghwa gives him a slight smile, he was concerned for the younger because he really seemed to be going something big. ''Sleep well Sannie'' He gives him a quick peck on his forehead and rests his own head on San's, and soon enough they both fall asleep.

Hongjoong softly knocks on the door to check on the two and smiles at the sight once he opens the door and takes a quick picture with his phone to show the others because they're both so cute.

Hongjoong sends the picture into the groupchat, smiling at the picture and softly closes the door to let them rest.