Chapter 12: Brunch with Friends

TRIGGER WARNING: mentions of Taylor discovering the extent of Madison's eating disorder - please skip this chapter if you get triggered <3 

The morning light spilled into Madison's room, illuminating the space with a warm, comforting glow. Taylor, her hair tied up in a casual bun, leaned against the doorway, watching Madison who was scrolling through her phone, her injured ankle resting on a cushion. Travis was busy with coaching responsibilities, so Madison spent a lot of her time avoiding the whirlwind that was Olivia's tantrums.

"Hey, babe," Taylor began with a gentle smile. "I was thinking... how about we have a little brunch here tomorrow? Selena, Sabrina, and Blake could come over. It'll be like a mini-get together."

Madison looked up, her expression a mix of surprise and hesitation. "I don't know, mom... I'm not really in the mood for a party," she replied, her voice low.

"It's not a party, just a small brunch with your favorite aunties," Taylor reassured, stepping into the room. "They've been asking about you, and I thought it might cheer you up."

Madison bit her lip, considering. "But I'm just... I'm not much fun right now," she said, glancing down at her bandaged ankle.

Taylor sat beside her on the bed, her voice soft and understanding. "Honey, it's not about being fun. It's about being together. You need your family, and they want to support you. Plus, Olivia's been bubbling with excitement about seeing her aunties again."

A small smile tugged at Madison's lips at the mention of Olivia's enthusiasm. "Okay, maybe it won't be so bad," she conceded, her mood lifting slightly.

"That's my girl," Taylor said, reaching out to tuck a strand of hair behind Madison's ear. "I'll make all your favorites. It'll be cozy and casual. Just what we need."

Madison nodded, feeling a warmth spread through her at her mother's caring gesture. "Thanks. That sounds... nice."

Taylor gave her a reassuring hug, happy to see Madison's spirits lifted, even if just a little. "It's settled then. Brunch with the girls tomorrow. You'll see, it'll be good for all of us."

As Taylor stood up to leave, Madison called out, "Mom?"

Taylor turned back, "Yes, honey?"

"Can you make those mini pancakes Olivia loves? I think she'd like that."

"Of course, anything for my girls," Taylor replied with a smile, her heart swelling with love and hope for the day ahead.

The sound of laughter and chatter filled the Swift household as Selena, Sabrina, and Blake made their entrance, each of them carrying bags that rustled with the promise of gifts and goodies. Olivia, her face alight with excitement, darted around them, her giggles echoing around the house.

"Look who decided to grace us with their fabulous presence!" Taylor exclaimed as she greeted each of them with a warm hug.

Selena, ever the dramatic one, placed a hand over her heart. "I'll have you know, I braved the monstrosity of traffic to be here. A true act of friendship!" she declared, causing everyone to laugh.

Blake followed, a teasing glint in her eye. "And I came bearing the ultimate gift - my culinary expertise. Which, let's be honest, is the real reason you invited me, right?" she said, winking at Taylor.

Sabrina entered last, playfully rolling her eyes. "And I just came for the food and gossip. What else are brunches for?"

Madison, watching from her comfortable nest of pillows and blankets on the couch, couldn't help but smile at the banter. "You all know you just came to see me, the true star of the show," she chimed in, knowing full well why they were here.