02

ARMAAN
It is 1:00 PM in the afternoon, and I am sitting in my black and white-themed office. Today is a hectic day for me because I've had three meetings up till now, and now I still have to attend two more. My secretary, Samar, came into the office with a mug of black coffee in his hands.

"Sir, your black coffee." Samar said and placed it on the table.

"Thank you, Samar." I said and gave him a USB.

"Please check the formats and mistakes, and after checking, give it to me before 2:00 PM." I said.

"Okay, sir." he said and left my office. I am alone in my office, and before coming here, I went to the gym to exercise. As I was there, many girls were eyeing me as if I were the only one in the gym. I hate it when girls try to start obsessing over me and then start acting by bumping into me.

I took a sip from my coffee, and I felt as if I am drinking energy. I was feeling a bit tired, but now after drinking this, I will be better. I started doing work on my computer, planning for my upcoming meeting at 2:30 PM. My brother, Zarar, is also in his office working for the meeting which we both have to attend.

My phone started ringing, and as I looked at the caller ID, it was my mom. I picked up the call.

"Hello,," I said.

"Armaan, I want you to go to the mall and get me a three-piece suit, and it should be black in color. Also, get a suit for your dad as well." she said. Is she serious? Why should I go and get this?

"Ammi, can't you go and get it on your own? What if I bring something else, and you don't like it?" I asked. I really don't wanna go, but I can't say no to her, only she convinces me for everything.

"I have some work now, and we have to attend a wedding, so that is why I want a fancy suit of your choice. I really forgot to tell you." she said. Sometimes I really hate it when my mother forgets anything and then tells me to do it at the end time.

"At what time do you have to go?" I asked.

"At around 9:00 PM." she said.

Perfect, that means I can attend both of my meetings, and after that, I will go and do the shopping for them.

"Okay, Ammi, I will get it." I said and disconnected the call.

I went into the meeting, and everything went perfectly. They will sign the contract next week. Since the day I started working, I have never lost a deal.

"Bhai, I am so happy. After doing so much work, we will finally get this deal." my brother Zarar said. He is a bit of a happy kind of man who gets happy even for little things.

"What is the point of getting happy? I knew we would get this deal." I said.

"Bhai, please don't be so grumpy. We should be happy, and I will be happy even if you want to make that ugly face. Do you know when was the last time you smiled?" he asked.

I have no idea when was the last time I smiled, and I was thinking when he interrupted me again.

"Don't know, right? Bhai, I wish you smile like when you were a kid." Zarar said.

He does not know that I was happy because I had my best friend with me, and now I don't smile. She was my best friend, and I don't know whether she is in this city or not. I wish we never separated.

"Zarar, please start planning for the next meeting." I said, changing the topic.

"Secretary Samar, please send a cold coffee to my office and send black coffee to my grumpy brother's office." he said and walked towards his cabin.