25

HANIA:
I walked towards my kitchen while rubbing my hands as they were sweating. Zarar was following me till we both entered the kitchen.

I know I did wrong with him and he is still angry. He didn't even greet me back when I greeted.

"You can go back if you want. I can make this by myself." I say. I wanted to do it alone as I am hell nervous. I never cooked with someone.

"You will not decide today when should I go or when should I not go." He says in a calm tone but there was a hint of anger in it.

I wanted to apologize to him for that day but he speaks again.

"Take out chicken, tomatoes, potatoes, green chillies, all the spices, rice and don't talk in between." He orders. I quietly took all the things out and stand beside my fridge quietly.

"Come here and cut the vegetables." He says. I sat on one of the chairs, placed the vegetables on the counter and started cutting them. He was washing the chicken pieces.

I was cutting the onions and my eyes started tearing up. How much I hate cutting onions. My eyes started to blur and as I was  cutting the onions. Suddenly the onion slipped and I got a deep cut on my finger.

"Ahhhh." I hissed in pain. Zarar who was washing the chicken pieces turns to look what happened. He stops washing the pieces and comes towards me to look at my finger. I accidently cut my middle finger and its paining a lot. I started crying due to pain.

"What happened? How did you get this cut?" He asks looking at my finger. He takes me towards the sink and starts washing my finger. I didn't say anything.

"Kabhi to aqal se kaam kiya karo. Lagaliya na cut wo bhi itna gehra. Uff Hania tum kitni pagal ho." He starts scolding me.

"Bohat dard horaha hai." I cried more.

"Zahir hai hoga na dard pagal." He says. I didn't say back and looked at him. The man who was not talking to me a few minutes ago is scolding me now. He even didn't want to hear me and is now taking care of my finger.

"Do you have a bandage box?" He asks. I nod and point my finger to a cabinet. He takes out the bandage box and starts treating my finger.

"It will pain a little" He says. I nod and look at my finger. He starts applying a cream on it. I hissed in pain. He looks at me with worried eyes. He continues again slowly so that it doesn't pain.

"I'm sorry." I apologize. He looks at me but looks again at my finger.

"I am sorry for talking to you like that. Please forgive me." I said while tears welled up in my eyes. He looks at me again as a tear dropped on his hand.

"Stop crying Hania. I have forgiven you. Its ok. Now please stop." He says and gestures me to calm down.

"Pakka?" I ask.

"Pakka Pakka." He says. I smiled and wiped my tears. He starts bandaging.

"Tum beth jao. Biryani main banaloonga." He says after doing the bandage.

"I can still help" I tried to help him.

"Doosri ungli bhi katni hai kya?" He asks. I shook my head.

"Then sit quietly and let me do the rest." He says. He starts cutting the onion.

"You like chocolates right?" I ask. He nods his head.

"Chocolate is my favourite." He says.

"I have some chocolates in the freezer. Wanna have some?" I ask excitedly. He giggles and nod. I went towards the freezer, opened it and took out the chocolate my stalker sent me. I still have half of it left. He was cutting the onions while I broke the chocolate in half, gave him half of the chocolate and start eating my half.