Someone else

Pov: Audrey

So there I was. Sitting on a bench in the middle of the Blacksmith park and next to me was David Collin.

He's quite tall, probably around 6 feet. His hair is the color of chestnuts in autumn and his eyes are dark brown like two round hazelnuts, kindness reflected on them. He is slightly tan and though you couldn't say he's got an athletic figure, he's in shape. David's quite handsome, although he doesn't let it get to his head unlike all those stuck-up teens. Seriously, what's wrong with them?

I was deep in my thoughts when suddenly a voice started calling me.

"Audrey, are you listening to me? Audrey!!"

It was David.

I looked towards him.

"Yeah. I'm listening. What were you saying?"

"Nothing. It's just that it's a bummer that we're starting school soon."

"I know. Right? Summer has gone by really fast."

All of a sudden, Blank Space by Taylor Swift started playing. Someone was calling me. I reached out for my phone and pulled it out of my shorts to pick up.

"Hey mom. What's wrong?"

"There's a kid here banging the door. I think he goes to school with you, he says his name is Brian and that you had agreed to meet at 6"

Oh crap! Brian. I forgot about him.

"Be there in 5. "

"OK. Just hurry up. My shift starts in half an hour and I can't leave him here alone. God knows what he could do to the house."

I hang up.

"What did your mum want?" David asked me with a look of concern on his face.

"Oh... Nothing."

"Was it something important?"

"I..., no, no...".

He didn't let me finish.

"Audrey, something's off. Why can't you just tell me?"

I nervously glanced around and avoided making any eye contact.

"I have to go to my house. I forgot I was meeting someone at 6." I finally confessed.

David gave me a suspicious look as if he wasn't completely satisfied with my answer. He knew I was leaving out something. Or better said, someone.

"What are you hiding? Why don't you want to let me know who you're meeting? "

"Is it a drug-dealer? Don't worry if it is, I'm not gonna say anything." he added with a playful smirk. "

"Well... It's not really a secret, I mean... "

I hesitated for a few seconds.

"Come on Audrey! Just tell me!" He begged impatiently.

I could feel he was starting to get annoyed, all because I didn't want to tell him who I was meeting. Brian. I mean, I don't want him to know I'm hanging out with his best friend behind his back. After meditating on it for a while, I decided to tell him. After all, he and Brian were best friends. But I was worried because I could feel that he was jealous every time I met up with Brian alone or when we did things together.

I had a feeling that David had a crush on me. And as for me, I just couldn't decide who I loved. I still remember the first time I saw Brian, I immediately fell for him, his green eyes, beautiful smile, big intelligence, etc On the other hand, I had always considered David as one of my best friends, but now I'm not sure at all what I think... However, I went ahead and confessed.

"It's just Brian." I sighed, relieved about telling the secret to David.

"Oh... I see. "

His face suddenly changed from a look of annoyance to one of sadness. I felt really bad for him. But OMG, he looked even cuter with that face. Like come on, I can't leave him here with that look on his face. He could come to the cinema with us. Whatever Brian wants to tell me he can say in front of him, if not I'm sure he can wait. It's not like his life depends on telling me whatever he plans.

"You can come with us if you want" I now added.

He suddenly looked up, looking much happier than he had been before and replied:

"Really?! Thanks so much A. "

He hugged me tightly and I did so back.

However, I couldn't help feeling anxious.