Old times

Pov: Brian

My head was a mess. I didn't want to reject Audrey, but on the other hand, I felt like I wasn't ready to be with her. Contradicting, right? Well, it took me some time to realise that maybe after so much time crushing on Audrey I may have forgotten to give a thought to my true feelings. That kiss didn't feel right. Don't get me wrong, it's not that I didn't like it, (I may have enjoyed it) as I had been looking forward to that kiss for a very long time but I didn't expect it at all, especially after that downright rejection just before the film. She has left me dumbfounded.

Even though Audrey wanted to finish the film and stay with me, after we noticed that David had left, I was clear to tell her that we had to find him. Fortunately, this was enough to convince her, as although she sometimes got deep in passions she had a good heart and loved her friends. So, I offered her a drive home as I wasn't going to leave her out there in the middle of nowhere at 11 pm. However, I later ended up regretting this as all the ride she kept making attempts to kiss me or display her affection. No matter how many times I told her off, she kept on insisting that I went to her house to watch a film, but at the moment I was quite worried about Brian, so I tried to tell her. We arrived at her place.

"Here we are. See you next week in school"

"Are you picking me up ?"

"I'm not sure, I always walk"

"But could you pick me up? Pleaseeee. If not I would have to walk alone and then some psycho could kidnap me for ransom? She put on a puppy face.

She was starting to annoy me with that pick me girly voice.

"I'll text you when I know for sure" I said irritated.

"Be here at a quarter to eight!!" She smiled at me and gave me a quick gentle kiss before getting out of the car.

Finally, now I have some private space! It's not that I don't like it's just that sometimes she can be a little bit intense.

I drove to David's building. When I rang the bell he immediately opened, as if he had been waiting for me to arrive. I genuinely smiled. As I was on the elevator I thought about David, I really wanted to see him and apologize. It was obvious he got upset for me kissing his crush, Audrey. Or was it?

When I finally got to his floor, the 3rd, the elevator door opened. There stood David a bit uncomfortable. But as soon as I waved at him he greeted me with a sincere smile on his face. I ran to him and we melted into a big hug.

We stayed like that for a couple of seconds, but it felt like hours. I could feel his heart beating and our breaths coordinating; it felt so right. Once we pulled apart, I looked up to his eyes. Once I reached them I couldn't help thinking about how deep and soft they were, they felt like summer air. OMG! He returned the smile to me, that look said everything between us, we didn't need more to know what we were thinking about.

However, it was getting kind of awkward so he invited me inside. We went to his room to watch a movie. We talked and laughed like in old times. Everything felt right.

"Do you want to order pizza? Pepperoni?"

"Yeah, sure. Why not."

"Maybe we could even have a sleepover and play that videogame I always beat

you at when we were younger"

"Are you talking about Mario Party?

I nodded.

"Oh, no. If we play that game you won't be able to beat me and it will such a bore. "

"I'm on for it if you're not afraid to lose." He teased me. He was trying to annoy me and make me lose my temper but I wasn't going to fall for his tricks.