Complices

Pov David:

It was a weird day. For the first time in forever we hadn't talked with Audrey not even once in the whole day. I guess we kind of avoided her as both Brian and me felt she was what had made us slowly drift apart. Whenever we were together she seemed to come in between us, either flirting with him or me, always managing to get someone hurt. She thought she was the center of the world and everything revolved around her. I think I needed some time to think, away from her, as despite all this she was our friend and friends were together through thick and thin.

Things between Brian and I were OK again. I mean, after that incredible kiss everything was normal between us, we were friends again. But now, after everything happened, I didn't want to be only friends with him. However, even though we kissed and he looked completely fine with it, he looked more than fine after it, in fact he was the one that started kissing me after the flirting!! I don't want to force him into doing anything he doesn't completely agree with.

Today I didn't expect to act as if we were dating or something. We stayed all day together and we didn't do anything suspicious, except for only a few quick glances we exchanged and the times where we accidentally (on purpose) brushed our hands. I think it was enough for now. Anyways, I had to talk with him to seee how things were going to be between us.

At lunch time we went to the cafeteria to have our lunch.

"Oh no!" I said.

"It will take ages to have our lunch"

"I told you to go wait in the queue while I went to leave my things in my locker"

"I know, but I wanted to go with you" he repplied with a small smile.

"Why? Why do you keep following me everywhere I go? " I said with a teasing tone. I loved how he tried not to look nervous.

"And did you mind? Because from what I see, you clearly loved it." he stated.

It was difficult trying to act as if he hadn't just hit the nail on the head. So I scoffed.

"You're delusional"

Of course he rolled his eyes at this.

When finally managed to get our food we sat on a table nearest the populars. Though we were part of their group, today we didn't feel exactly keen on being in a crowd. We had just barely made it to the table when David's friend, Chiara popped into view.

"Hi guys! How you two are doing?"

"Just having lunch as fast as we can. I'm afraid we haven't got much time left thanks to someone" I said looking at Brian

"Hey, take it easy! You know I just didn't want to go alone!" he protested.

"If you say so..." I was teasing him; it was so obvious.

Before we could start arguing again Chiara, trying not to let out a small grin, interrupted us: "What subject do you have now?"

"I think we have tech" I said.

"Yeah.. Oh fuck!!" He slapped his face. "It's in the other building! The hell we're going to be late!"

"Catch you later C!" we rushed out of the cafeteria

"See you!"

I had never run so fast in my whole fucking life. I was about to die. For sure I was getting a heart attack after this. We run as fast as we could across the school grounds. We were never going to make it in time, as if we made in time to the building we would have to run up a hundred stairs. When we got to it there wasn't a single soul in sight. The bell probably had rang but we hadn't heard it Fuck. We stopped running, our technology teacher didn't alow anyone to be late.

"Well, it looks like our lunch break will be longer than expected."

"Yeah. Oh well."

"We could lay here in the grass until the next class" I suggested

The next thing I knew he had already left his bag on the soft grass and was lying underneath a big oak tree which cast its shadow over all the place.

"Are you coming?" He asked smiling at me "Or do you prefer to keep staring at me with a look of amused"

"Eh, yeah, I'm coming"

I slowly got near him and lyed down. As I did so I caught him looking at me so I tried to tease him, we were alone, no one would see us.

"Now you're the one staring at me with your mouth open"

When he realised he blushed and quickly closed it.

"Did you mind it? Because I didn't" He slowly let out, as if he had looking for the answer and was scared of mine.

"I wouldn't, ever" I whispered in his ear.

Our faces were only a few inches apart; he mumbled "Well, I'm grateful, 'cause I will never stop doing it."

The distance between us disappeared and we started kissing. I've never felt like that before, it was even better than the kiss in my room. It was just incredible. We were in sync as if we were two pieces of a puzzle that fit perfectly together. His lips were so soft and he tasted like strawberry ice cream. I didn't want this to end so we kept on making out for five long minutes.

When we finally broke apart he rested his head on my stomach and we stayed like that until the bell rang and we had to go.

Just the perfect day.