Uncomfortable

Pov Audrey:

God, I'm so stupid. I don't know why I said that to Brian.

I thought I liked Brian, I still think so. That's why I don't understand why I said that. I keep blaming my nerves for that: it was because I got nervous, but that wasn't a good enough explanation.

However, as soon as we found out seats at the theatre Brian and I was back to normal (we were able to maintain a conversation).

After a couple of minutes, the film started. I was sitting between them, Brian and David. I noticed Brian staring at me.

My heart started to beat faster but I decided to ignore it and keep watching the film, which by the way was terrifying.

Who in their right mind would want to see a horror film? Where's the fun in getting creeped out? What's the point of getting so scared you wouldn't be able to go to the bathroom later at night afraid that a monster was going to jump on you? Just as I thought this, out of the blue, a masked man with a knife in his hand popped into the scream laughing like a maniac, making me jump. As a reflex, I hugged Brian.

Shit!! He's going to think I'm a scaredy cat.

He looked at me visibly surprised, but didn't complain. I didn't let him go so he put his arm on my lap.

"Do you want to go out or do you want to keep watching the movie?" Brian asked me with a commiserate look, which I really appreciated.

My face got reddish (of course I was embarrassed) and I mumbled a quiet no.

"I want to keep watching the movie"

I don't know what's happening. My heart's racing and I can't help it. What's all this about? What I am feeling? Do I want to keep on whatever we're doing?

With my head rested on his shoulder I look up to his eyes. His green bright eyes, he was looking at me with a sincere look. He wasn't smiling, he wasn't doing anything special, it was just him.

I started going near him, our faces got closer until there was no space between us. We looked at each other's eyes for a few seconds, until his gaze fell upon my lips. The distance between us disappeared and I could feel his lips on mine, they were warm and soft. After a couple of minutes we pulled apart and looked at each other. Although we were only a few seconds like that it felt like ages. Brian finally broke the silence interrupted by the dialogues of the movie.

"Sooo..." He said with a smirk on his face. "Is this your plan to reject me? Your strategy?"

I hated him so much. He was enjoying it.

"Shut up" I tried to look annoyed but a smile on my face gave my true feelings away and we started laughing.

I enjoyed the moment until the sound of someone leaving their seat distracted me.

Shit!! I forgot about David.

When I turned around to tell him something I didn't find him. He had already left the theater. Anyways, I don't know what to tell him. I mean, he probably had seen what happened.

I tried to think, after that kiss I had my thoughts clear. I loved Brian.