For real?

Pov David:

I couldn't believe what was happening, Brian and Audrey were kissing right in front of me. I felt hurt.

I stood up and left the cinema. I needed some fresh air.

I lyed on the grass near the cinema and looked at the dark sky. I put my headphones on, I wanted to clear my mind. "Don't let it break your heart". Isn't it ironic? The perfect song for the moment, just straight to my heart.

I didn't think they would be capable of doing this to me. I was broken-hearted. I felt betrayed by my friends.

My phone started sounding: Audrey was calling me. I hang up. The anger flooded my body back again. How could she dare to kiss Brian, right in front of me and then called me?!

However, out of the blue, I didn't feel angry. I tried to feel anger when I thought of Brian, but I couldn't, I just felt sad. It was really confusing, I just couldn't fall in love with my best friend, and more now that he was dating a girl, he was definitely straight.

"David, is that you? Why are you lying on the grass?"

I recognised the voice's owner It was Chiara, an old friend of mine.

"Hi Chiara, I didn't see you there."

"Why are you here?"

"I just needed some fresh air" My phone rang again and I ignored it.

"Is the person who's ringing you the reason why you need fresh air?"

The look on my face gave me away.

"Yeah"

We spent all the evening talking and occasionally laughing. I liked talking with her, no thinking, no problems... It was an easy talk. I had the feeling she was flirting with me but it was fun, I wasn't nervous. I mean, I didn't like her in that way but it was fun.

When I finally arrived at my house and lyed on my bed, I looked at my phone. It was full of messages. The pain came back and I called Audrey, that was the only thing that could clear my thoughts.

"Where are you David?! We've been looking for you all night" She sounded a bit nervous.

"Brian, I found him, he's on the phone" I heard her yelling out to Brian in the background.

When I heard the name Brian, the pain came back again and when I heard him on the phone with a soft and worried voice asking me if I was OK and whether he could take me home my heart melted.

"David? Are you still there?"

"Yeah, I'm here"

"Where are you? Are you ok? He sounded really desperate to know where I was and if I was fine.

"I've just got home"

"Ok, are you alone?" Now he sounded extremely nervous.

"Yeah, my mum is on a business trip this week" Why was he asking me that? Why did he want to know if I was going to be alone?

"I'm gonna go to your place to check on you. Ok? " That wasn't a question, he was totally convinced. I suddenly remembered Audrey, it was impossible having another feeling but love when talking with Brian or even having his image in my head.

"There's no need, I'm fine"

"I'm just dropping Audrey and I'll head to your house" He pronounced the name Audrey strangely as if it was in a foreign language.

"Well, OK..."

"I'll be there in ten"

"Bye"

"Bye"