Chapter 3: Told About

I swallowed really hard while reading a magazine about business released just a few days from now. Jacob was featured as the youngest billionaire here in the Philippines. It is still debatable if it is self-made or not because of his family background.

Jacob Cabrini, the President of CY Sardines Corp, and the CEO of RedCollar Co.

"Damn, he was really born to eat the business world," I said to myself while at his photo in the magazine.

I am very sure that a lot of girls will drool at him by now. He is very handsome in this pic and the fact that he is very successful makes him more attractive. I cannot see the Jacob 10 years ago from who he is right now. He's changed a lot.

"He is amazing, right? I still can't believe that he is my brother," Julian said when he caught me staring at his brother's photo.

Tumango ako at marahang sinara ang magazine. "Yeah, unbelievable." I tried to show him a real smile but I ended up biting my lips.

"Let's go, shall we?" He offered me his arm and I happily clung to him.

Sa totoo lang ay kinakabahan ako sa family dinner na ito. Seeing Jacob again excites me but at the same time, it makes me anxious. Losing myself to him was the last thing I wanted to happen. Hindi ko maitanggi sa sarili ko na malala talaga ang epekto sa akin ni Jacob. Missing him for those years doesn't really help me.

CABRINI EMPIRE, the mansion's gate says.

They are really mad rich. Mas mayaman pa sa mga Vincenza na pamilya ng mommy ko. I almost forgot that I have to visit them.

Entering their house felt like I was about to meet the King and Queen of a rich kingdom. The decorations are unbelievable and breathtaking, a mix of modern and traditional royalty architecture.

"Julian," Mrs. Cabrini welcomed us with warm hugs and kisses.

"I'm so delighted that you are here finally! How's abroad?" her mother asked and then looked at me with adoration.

"Terrific, mom. And by the way, I met an awesome lady there." Julian chuckled and held my waist. "This is Nathalia Lonzaga, my girl and soon-to-be wife."

"It's always a pleasure to meet another soon-to-be family member, hija," Mrs. Cabrini said. "I'm Claire Cabrini, Julian's mother. Just call me tita or auntie, whatever you like." Tumingin ulit siya kay Julian. "How about your...?"

Umiling si Julian. "I'm working on it, mom. Don't worry. Ian is helping me too."

Tumango si Tita Claire at inaya na kami sa loob.

Nagtaka naman ako kung ano ang pinag-uusapan nila pero hindi na rin naman ako kinibo ni Julian tungkol doon. I was calm and poised until Jacob arrived. Immediately, a smirk appeared on his face when he saw me. I rolled my eyes and focused on my boyfriend who was laughing with her parents and Attorney Cabrini.

"Congratulations to my dearest middle child, Jacob Arthur Cabrini for being featured once again in Business Net Magazine but this time as the youngest billionaire in the Philippines. So proud of you, son," Mr. Cabrini raised his glass of wine. "Cheers for the continued rise of the Cabrini Empire."

Together, we raised our glasses for Jacob's success. I couldn't believe that he would be so successful. I mean, he was a playboy back in high school and barely attended his business math class. But, obviously, things have changed.

The dinner went very smoothly, at least, for them. Some questions made me so uncomfortable though, and a lot of those came from Jacob.

"Why won't you invite your family here, Nathalia? I heard that they are into business too," Jacob asked while the maids served our steak.

"I'll try to make an arrangement." I looked down and focused on my food.

Hindi ako makahinga nang maayos, pakiramdam ko ay pinapanood niya ako buong oras ng pagkain. I want this dinner to be over really fast but it is so rude to rush my food in front of them especially since this is a formal family dinner.

"Are you okay?" Julian asked and held my hand.

I smiled. "Yeah. You have a beautiful family."

This setup is so rare for me. Family dinner is not really my family's thing. My parents were always busy when I was young. My nanny raised me basically.

When I looked at Julian's eyes, a pain crossed his eyes. He looked away and cleared his throat. I wonder what is that all about.

Iniiwasan ko si Jacob buong gabi. Ang mga sagot ko sa mga tanong niya ay palaging patapos at hindi na pwede pang sunda ng ibang tanong. He was my best friend before, but he changed himself into a monster after that night. He betrayed me.

"Where are you going?" tanong ni Julian nang tumayo ako.

"Bathroom break," I answered.

"Jacob!" he called his brother.

"Yes?" Jacob walked towards us.

Oh, no! This is not good.

"Can you accompany my girlfriend to the restroom? Mom doesn't want to let me go." Julian chuckled and looked at Tita Claire.

"Ikaw talaga, I missed you with all of my life, and when I found you, we sent you abroad immediately. Ito na lang ang pagkakataon kong makausap ka at kumustahin ka."

I understand that. But please, not with Jacob Cabrini.

"I'm fine, Julian. I can find it myself." Kinakabahan akong ngumiti.

"You don't know that, miss. This house is a maze, marami nang naligaw dito at hindi na nahanap." Jacob laughed.

"You make the worst story," Mr. Cabrini said and chuckled.

Jacob shrugged his shoulders and smirked. "Well, it's better safe than sorry, Miss Lonzaga."

Pasimple akong umirap. I gave him a fake smile. "Okay, let's go."

Nauna siyang naglakad at nakasunod lang ako sa kanya. Kung hindi lang talaga ako naiihi ay hinding-hindi ako sasama sa lalakeng ito.

"This way, Nathalia." Tinuro niya ang isang pinto. Ito na yata ang pinakamagandang banyong napuntahan ko.

The inside was so spacious and so clean. Pwede na nga akong tumira rito sa loob. I was about to turn around and lock the door when I heard it locked on its own.

Kaagad bumilis ang tibok ng puso ko. I needed to walk away but before I could do that, Jacob grabbed my nape and crashed his lips into mine.

I tried pushing him away but he pinned my hands against the wall and continued eating my lips, invading my whole mouth. I can't...

I can't protest anymore 'cause my body is actually enjoying it. His kisses were so rough and painful, that I tasted blood.

Nilubayan niya ang labi ko at bumaba pa ang halik niya sa leeg ko. Fuck!

Kinagat ko ang labi ko. I was right, my lips were bleeding.

"Jacob! Have mercy on me!" I complained preventing myself from moaning.

He stopped. Thank, God! He just stops.

Tumitig siya sa mga mata ko. "I like that to be your safe word."

Kumunot ang noo ko. "What are you talking about?!" With all my remaining strength, I pushed him away.

He laughed. "You'll know it, don't worry."

Hindi ko na siya pinansin at dumiretso sa sink para hugasan ang bibig kong dumudugo pa rin. Damn this man! A sadist!

"I'm pretty sure that they are talking about Julian's wife by now."

Napahinto ako at napatingin sa kanya. What the hell?

"Oh, you didn't know?" He hissed. "Julian is married and currently, his wife is in his condo. He is arranging his annulment kaya siya umuwi rito sa Pilipinas. He didn't tell you?"

I shook my head. What the hell, Julian?!