𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 7: Intensity

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

MK blocks an incoming attack with his arms, following an attempt at a punch to the other's head, but his slow movements causes him another loss by being flung helplessly into the pond. As soon as he surfaced, he immediately got to another stance and waited for the incoming attack. He dodged a tail over his head and jumps as a leg swung underneath him. Standing on his arms, he raised himself to slam a leg down to his shoulder, but was grabbed yet again and tossed towards the ivy bushes.

This was only the start of MK's training session with Monkey King. For the past days that went by whenever he trained, he was subjected to a full-out combat training paired with his mentor, and had been failing miserably for it. For whatever reason there is, Wukong decided to drill the constant attacks into his body, whether it'd be for defense or offense practice. It's not like he doesn't like it— he's off the roof glad about the development, actually— but sometimes he thought that... isn't this a bit too much?

"Get up, MK," says Monkey King.

The young man pushes himself out, groaning as the itchiness started to occur all over his exposed skin. "Don't you think we need a little break?" he asks, scratching his left arm.

"A monk would last without eating for an entire week. I've trained much worse that that, and I expect you to reach the same as I did, but that's probably asking for too much, isn't it? You're a kid after all."

MK frowned at the backhanded comment, but he didn't say a word about it. He huffed and resumed position, but his attack was cut short at a noise in the distance. Even the simian heard it as well, and when they were about to choose to ignore it, the sound got even louder and louder until they can hear a piercing scream of a woman.

*Boom

The ground shook as a flying object crashed nearby, pushing a handful of trees down to the ground.

Xiu groaned, her face planted on the wheel of her vehicle. Redson said she'd improved quite a bit on her flying, but her landing still needs some work from last second panic attacks.

"Xiu!" MK rushes out to help her, "Are you alright? D-Does it hurt anywhere? How many heads do you see?"

"... Two," she mumbles.

"Oh, well this is pretty bad," he grimaces, "You must've hit your head. H-Hold on, I'll do something—"

"Wukong," Xiu raises her head in delight at the sight of him. It hasn't really been that long, but she sure missed her simian.

He stomped his way towards her. He is not happy. "What were you thinking trying to maneuver this on your own?! Do you have a death wish???" The two of them flinched at his sudden anger. "If you hadn't got past the Flaming Mountains, who knows what would've happened to you?"

"I... got past it so I'm fine now, right?" she chuckled nervously.

"You—" he stops himself. There's contemplation within himself, and no doubt that the other one was winning. He ceases his scolding and sighs, "What exactly are you doing here, Xiu?"

"I'm here for you, obviously..." she grumbles the last part, rolling her eyes before pushing herself out of the seat. Thank goodness the car was a lot sturdier by her nephew's modifications. "And also moral support for MK. He's been working hard lately so I figured I'd visit. And—AND!" Xiu giggles and shows her jet to them, "I made my very own Python Mobile! Or Python Jet whenever I switch to it. Looks great, isn't she?" her hand pats the side of the metal with a prideful laugh.

While Wukong's face is still sour while looking at it, the young man reacted a bit more differently. "Wo ho ho woah!!! You made that?! Seriously??? Without powers?!" MK gaped at it like it's a prized treasure, similar to how she was when she finished making the original version.