𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 20: Home

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"Welcome back, Miss Ying!"

"Good afternoon, Miss Ying!"

Xiu nodded back to every people she encountered, waving her hand a little and flashing a sheepish grin on her face. Men and women in grey shirt and military cargo pants divided to make way for her with absolute respect. At the end of the hallway is the center of the headquarters where everyone worth mentioning had their pictures up on the walls. Apart from the generals whose images are kept in the private office, hers is situated into a bigger frame as the youngest Supervisor First Class at the age of 23— and also because Leigong wants to brag about his only (adoptive) daughter.

It was a nice achievement- if it weren't for her choice to lead a normal life a year later. Her position was just a way to repay her benefactors, the ones who gave her a chance at a new life, her loving family- who's just as deadly to those who deserves it, and had actually been doing it for hundreds of years.

Leigong leaned down to her from his seven foot height, "I have a secret to tell you, but then we'd have to wait for your Mum to return."

"Secret? W-What secret? Since when have you guys had any secrets?" You chuckled nervously while maintaining a safe distance away from him. The God arched his brow at her, making her even more nervous than she already is. "I mean, you're the Chief! You're the image of truth and justice itself! Surely you're as just and trustworthy as you show yourself to be, I just don't get how you can have secrets when you can just tell me now... Pop." - 'to get this over with!' What will she get? Lightning? Quick death? German suplex to break her neck?! Just thinking of how these people are gonna judge her is sending her mind down to the drain. She's going to pay for her crimes in an excruciating way.

"Hmm... Perhaps I can just-"

"General," Yun Tong shook his head.

The silent reminder of the current possible situation kept their mouths shut, it wasn't something that he can just carelessly tread upon, not without the guide of his wife. Leigong nods, "Right. We'll get to that soon. Why don't you go ahead and settle into the fifth floor? Your room never changed since you left, I hope you could get some rest before dinnertime."

"The usual set up?" her brows raised.

"You betcha!" Fengbo playfully rams himself behind her, "Everyone's dismissed from late night training to welcome you back! Of course, that's just because brother Leigong planned to throw a small party for you in the cafeteria," he whispers.

"Ah. Great. That's... totally what Pop would do." The thought of going through such lengths to welcome her into their den is sending chills through her back. She circles back from them and notions to the door, "I should probably take a nap before anyone can engage into a food fight with me. I'm sure we're going to have a long night."

"Yu Shi," Yun Tong taps the tablet to his shoulder.

"Alright, I'm going!" he grumbled under his breath and goes behind to escort her to her room.

Fengbo, Yung Tong, and Leigong stops in their tracks as they watch the pair walk in the left direction, their faces void of sentiment as how Gods usually were. Whilst all others' attention are not on them, they all puffed out in a light, almost invisible smoke, into thin air.

"Would you like anything? Coffee? Tea? Juice? Coffee?"

"Just tea is fine, uncle Yu Shi," she says as she placed the bag down on the bed, "Actually let me make it on my own, I've brew enough coffee to know how to do it without setting a fire. Honest."