𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 17: Barriers

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

The glow of yellow irises barely shone through the dark, like a gold reducing into bronze as the fire of furious thoughts diminished from his mindset. He's slowly begun to turn into self-reflection, all while still keen on staying cooped in this storage area where the remnant of his beloved rests. He took the liberty to ponder in his wake, to recount the days he'd done by isolating himself willingly, and upon his actions that he took against the people closest to him.

Sure enough, Sun Wukong was finally beginning to see sense for the first time in a while. And while that isn't as much positivity one could bring upon themself instantly, it was well worth the try, and by having that self-reflection comes with great guilt.

To find it in himself to accept reality... To come to terms with the essence of time that was left for him... To open his eyes towards the people who's still there for him.

Yes. Even she is accounted for.

The simian couldn't believe himself for what he'd done. Lian Xiu- no- Xiu's past reincarnation would scream until his ears bled if she heard of his actions to the present her. She didn't deserve his hostility, she'd done nothing wrong.

His nails dug into the palm of his hand, allowing him to feel pain while taking control of his emotions. If no one could punish him for his bad actions, then he'd be the one to ground himself. He'd imagine the crown forming on his head like a cuff that once straightened him to see beyond his greed.

'Bad monkey!' he tortures his mind with the words he'd heard before, a sore punishment he faced multiple times to straighten out his obsessive power seeking nature. Wukong repeatedly told that to himself until it was again etched into his brain. He was a bad monkey after all, if he'd be frank with it, he'd rather wish to be told that by people, to be embarrassed in front of many, to be ridiculed by his actions.

This wasn't enough punishment for him.

The look on her face as he discarded her to the side was brought up to his memory again, making the simian nearly sick to his stomach. He would always end up hurting those closest to him no matter what, the dragon girl was right, he was always doing this subconsciously just to justify what he thought was the right thing.

His ear twitched, breaking him off of concentrated turmoil.

"Hello!!! Monkey King!"

There it was again, just behind the waterfall. His hearing isn't as profound as Macaque's, but he's definitely certain that it's Xiu who's calling out to him. He clutched his shirt where his heart should be, hating the way it pounded at the thought of seeing her. He had no right to have that, not after what he'd already done.

"Monkey King?! Please, come out! It's getting pretty tiring yelling out here but I got a lot of things to say!... So..." she sighs, glancing behind her where the storm is brewing in the horizon. A phone call got her distracted earlier, and now there's this weather that she'd have to avoid. Rushing in towards here was the last on the list she'd wished to do before things changed. "A-And there's a storm coming! Can you just please let me in for a bit! I promise I won't be a nuisance! - that much!" Xiu added, 'cause she definitely will become one if he ever did decided to see her.

She stood there for a while longer, hoping that the cloud, wind nor rain won't catch up too soon to her spot. Moments later, the curtain opens, signifying the simian's permission for her to enter. Xiu couldn't help but smile as she hurriedly came in, the waterfall cascading back behind her. A well-wrapped present hidden on her hand reminded her of why exactly she's here, but whatever result she may have, Xiu knows to herself that it'll be okay.