𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 22: Watchful

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

To say that she's uneasy would be an understatement. Faced with constant conversations with the Gods from time to time made her jump from her skin as they pop in from here and there whenever they see her. Of course, they were acting with normalcy that one would expect from a family, and Xiu doesn't know if she's doing a good job of keeping up at it.

Under all the facade that she's experiencing now lies her waiting for judgement, that she was certain, merely waiting the return of her adoptive mother. Dianmu was never one for bias judgement, made to be a Goddess to help Leigong see the truth before a strike, a truth seeing woman capable of knowing who's in the right or wrong. Her powers kept the God of Thunder in the path of righteousness, and he leaned more in the capable hands of his wife for his every decision.

It was clear when they panicked more on her whereabouts that day that this was meant to imprison her until the day comes. She often wondered if there was more to the picture than they let on. She didn't want Macaque to stay, he'd definitely done a great deal of damage to be considered a threat.

This Azure on the other hand, her mind rattled at the memory of meeting him before. Her instincts are correct, he was a suspicious guy, but wouldn't it have been better for him to snatch her off right then and there? But that's also why he's all the more dangerous, an enemy with its own plot, just like how the Bone Demon was.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

She snaps out of daydream and turns to the side to find the Earl of Wind, Fengbo, smiling at her. They stood in the second floor, overlooking a small rectangular piece of botanical garden of the southwest area of the facility.

"It's a little piece of heaven that I brought here, even if brother Leigong was against it," he chuckles. "These flowers thrive in any environment, requiring just enough nourishment and care to display such beauty. I would've loved for it to be displayed in the main hall, but you know how it is with others. They wouldn't mind plucking one or two out of it for an eternal bookmark." Which was why only the Yings are allowed in this area.

"Why did you decide to roam the mortal realm?" It was the question she was most curious about, other than why they chose to adopt the likes of her.

Fengbo hummed for an answer, "It's been a long while since someone asked, I honestly forgot it already." The woman's displeasure made him rack for a more reasonable answer, "But if it's any consolation, I like it here better than the Celestial Realm. There's always these rules and whatnot, and here, we can do whatever we want and need to do without judgement, even if that's a little ironic."

Xiu feared them for a long time, her only eye opener that Gods aren't to be terrified with that much was Wukong, whom had already challenged some in his younger days. Without her ability to distinguish illusions, Fengbo would've still looked like your average joe of an uncle.

A shiver ran up her spine and she flinches away with the intention of getting some noticably needed solitude, "Thanks for the small talk. I'll catch up with you guys later." Xiu sped out of there and beelined towards the only safe space that they didn't bother barging into without consent.

The door to her room closes, the bright pink interior blasting into her eyes as soon as she opened the light. Her hand made its way into the back of her head where she plucked out an ant the size of her thumb nail. Her heart pounded against her chest over her heightened fear, inhaling a good amount of air before speaking.