𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 21: Intruder

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

Sounds of squeaky shoes and fist against a bag full of sand fills the gym every single day. Among 500 trainees accepted into the police headquarters, a cream haired woman joins the ranks by occupying the battling ropes for one and a half hour. Endurance and stamina, that's what she'd need to improve if she'll use that kind of sword for battle. The flexibility of the weapon doesn't reduce the weight she'd had to swing around all day, it's a good exercise she can find amongst the normal level gym.

The light shuts down, replaced by an eery red, the alarm suddenly blares throughout the facility.

"INTRUDER!!!"

As soon as they heard someone yell that outside, everyone from the gym took their belongings and ran to find a light gear. Who knows whoever they're up against, especially someone who's dumb enough to enter the belly of the beast' without clearance. This place might not be that advance, but no one can underestimate the seal that they've put to recognize an unfamiliar guest once it passes through.

"Xiu!" Fengbo caught up to her as soon as he saw her rush out the gym.

"Uncle, who is it? Are we under attack?"

"No time to waste, kiddo. Go to the dorms and lock the door. We'll take things from here."

"No! I wanna help you guys, I can help hunt them down."

"Not this time," his face scrunches up.

A strange chill struck her at the troubled look on his face, "Is it... not human?" she whispered, but even if it is, she's certain she could take care of it... somehow... as Ying Xiu.

"I don't know what he wants, but Leigong and Dianmu will kill us if you end up injured in any way, so off you get," he pushed her off enough to make her tumble.

Someone whom even deities feared of...

You stops in her tracks as she got to the stairs leading to the dormitories. The only formidable opponent to these Gods would be a higher ranking deity from the Celestial Realm, the Jade Emperor, or... Sun Wukong himself- that is to say that Netherworld still doesn't intervene in the matters of the living.

'But what if it's Sun Wukong?' the depths of her heart flew into a gleeful chorus while her mind begged to differ. After what he said, why would he come find her now? That is... if it is Wukong who barged in here.

"Make it stop!" she finds a soldier cowering behind a conveniently large sized vase.

Xiu sighs and turns back around. The path to the main control room wasn't that far, but it surely was crowded from people going to and fro from the four buildings, trying to find this intruder. She opens the door and enters, sighing in relief once she got out of the stampede.

The control room is... very surprisingly empty. It seems like even the guards stationed for monitoring the CCTVs are out and about for the hunt as well. "This is pretty serious... " Xiu stood in front of the twenty five screens in the middle of the room, eyeing each and every scenery shown. So far, they're all like ants wandering about without any particular place to go to, Leigong is instructing everyone in the main hall and guarding its exit, Yun Tong is with him to relay strategies, and none shows whoever got in for the chase.

A portal opens under her feet, sucking her in before she can let out a shriek. Darkness consumed her vision and she was already waiting for a painful impact, instead she was caught in sturdy arms to ease the fall. Some transparent arms at that.

The light was enough for her to see herself, just as she can now see who's holding her and who's standing below waiting for her. "Good to see ya, sweetheart," Macaque chuckles while munching on a little plum.