𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 25: Punishment

Hewo! I just got back from vacation🤸

There's a pinch of info wording about a gore scene. Nothing too detailed, I can assure you.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

White walls, the thrones, the platform, it's all happened again for the second time, but all seats were occupied and there were no restraints to hold them down this time around. Standing on the platform are the two accused, standing side by side in face of their proper judgement, if one can finally call this proper with the truth seeing Goddess in the midst.

Xiu glances at the side of her eye towards the simian who gazed at them without fear in his eyes. He isn't afraid of them, and for that she was a little jealous. Xiu feared the family that took her in as soon as she realized what they were. There were instances that she thought their kindness were merely a trap to let her guard down. Still, that doubt is still there whenever her eyes met her father and uncles, the punisher and his witnesses for executions. But now, their eyes didn't bore contempt, and merely waited for Dianmu to speak so that everything will be cleared.

"First, Lian Xiu."

She flinched as her name was called.

"May we take a moment to recall the events of your reincarnations?" Dianmu smiled at her in consideration.

It was silent for a moment, it wasn't a statement but a question, on behalf of all five of them who's there to pass judgement on her. She shifted her weight from one foot to another before agreeing, her fingers connecting with one another in nervousness. The room returns to the scenario that was shown before, only this time, streaks of light comes across each sins in regards to the true reason behind the action. An overflowing information that took almost an hour on a fast pace.

Wukong wouldn't have cared less on what they were doing if not for the fact that those memories are of Xiu's. They're exactly hers, all of it, Ying Xiu carried over Lian Xiu's burden and for what? Why does she have to suffer with that weight at all?

"And with this, your blood oath is sealed."

Xiu stared at this particular memory that sealed her fate with the dual wielded weapon. If it weren't for it, she would've lived a life that isn't as complicated as she does now. No, she would've been peaceful about life and death without knowing such things can be altered by powers dealt by those who have it. Her hands folded into fists, the memories merely pouring salt over the fresh wound that scarred her present soul.

"And you did remember everything?"

"Quite frankly, yes. Don't think you'll get your chance in this life, monkey boy. I already made up my mind on who I'll pursue on this life."

"Oh really? Who would that be?" teased Macaque.

"Wukong, of course."

His heart skipped a beat. The simian stepped closer to this part of the memory lane, hoping to hear the same words again. Those were sincere, and he was dumb enough to trample on her feelings when he was still in denial of it. That's all it is now, a fragment on a memory.

"You'll come back, won't you? Try not to die easily next time."

Wukong flinched as he saw himself beheading Xiu. He turns around and holds his stomach that churned at the awful hammer of distant regrets. Not to mention that the voices keep piling up one after another in an overlapping speed.

"Your time may have ended, but a chance still stands to make a difference. There will be pain, and there will be consequences, but I'm going to make a gamble that even someone like you— who had committed unimaginable transgressions— can tip the scale back into balance of the good and evil within your soul."