𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 12: Joker

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾

"-so that's what happened..." Xiu finishes telling him everything from the very first until the moment she and Wukong had the fallout, and how she lost all of that after her reawakening.

Xiaobo is a smart boy, but the look on his face tells her that he's having a hard time processing the information. He placed the juice back on the coffee table, rubbing his chin with the other, "So what you're saying is... you're a reincarnation of a mass murderer of demons and you've just broke out of that curse. And now you're saying that the Great Sage Sun Wukong is your boyfriend, and now not your boyfriend—kinda—, and it just so happens that you're now just a copy paste version of the woman named Lian Xiu?"

"In summary, yes," Xiu blinked her tears away and ate a biscuit.

"I-" he scratched his head, "Well I didn't think anything else was going on other than you accompanying him on some sort of saving the world gig. That's kinda hard to believe to be honest."

"I had a hard time believing that too when I lost my memories." She pauses, reliving the moments that they've all went to search the Rings of Samadhi, leading to her and Wukong officially being together.

Xiaobo flinched on his position when the woman started sobbing, until she full on cried about the whole situation. He rarely ever saw her cry, so he wasn't aware of what to do whenever it happens. One thing she mostly cried about before was how she'd certainly grow old in the orphanage and that no one will ever think of adopting her, Dai Lu was the one who manages her outbursts from time to time.

"C-Come now, don't cry! Oh, are you gonna cry just because a stinky monkey decided to leave your poor bum all of a sudden? Are you gonna just let some selfish immortal guy ruin your day? Come on! Just think of it! I bet he always go around like this," Xiaobo stood up and made a funny posture with his back arched a little, scratching his butt and walking like a penguin while imitating a monkey sound.

Xiu coughed from her saliva and laughs. The young man continues his imitation, going as far as pulling weird faces at her. She actually felt better at that, and that's a miracle after a week long depressing state. "He's not like that."

"Think hard! When has he even had a bath if you were there for a week?! He'd be like—" Xiaobo scratches his armpit and smells it, then shows his butt to her and scratches it, then smells it again and making another expression that made the woman double in laughter.

"THAT'S YOU, YOU DUMBA^^!" the woman grabs a pillow and began chasing him around the sofa.

They never had this kind of fun since she was sent out with her adopted family ten years ago. She forgot how she missed these occurrences and certainly didn't have the time to ponder on it the last time she visited the orphanage. Xiaobo was the reason she was adopted in the first place, Xiu had many reasons to be fond of him, he's basically her younger brother.

"Okay, alright, enough! I'm not like that anymore, I swear," he blocked the pillow and snatched it from her, throwing it back to the big sofa before falling flat on the floor. He gasps for air and chuckles, "Man, you've gotten more athletic, oldie. Ever heard of holding back?"

"Why should I when you can take much more than that?" the woman huffs, "I didn't even hit that hard."

"No, no, you certainly did," Xiaobo sat up and gazed up at her, "Wow, I never imagined that I'd get to be close to someone this awesome! You, a well-known demon huntress?! That's epic."

Her smile falters for a little bit, "But I'm not her. I'm no longer that demon huntress..."

He shakes his head, "Still, having that kind of history is awesome in itself, you know. Lian Xiu or Ying Xiu, who the heck cares about that difference? I know I don't. Not even MK did when he told me about it."

Right. He only knew about this place when he accidentally stumbled upon MK when he got to Megapolis.

"Still, Wukong said—"

"Enough about that dumb boyfriend of yours! You're you, and that's all that ever should matter," Xiaobo stands up off the floor, "Man, you really need some decent distraction. All of this cooping up in here will only make you even more depressing. Come on, I wanna check out lots of things. AND THE ARCADE?! You gotta show me where that is!"

Xiu smiles. He's right, she needs a distraction right now, and he arrived just in time to make that possible.

Patience has its benefits if used well on one's perspective. Feeding off of the rumors and escalating scenarios gives just the right opportunity to some, nothing could be far better for someone who seeks a justifiable outcome to an up and coming plan.

"Finally," that person took a deep breath, "He's letting his guard down more and more."

It was either Plan A or Plan B. Just the thought of everything eventually going his way is sending his fur in a ruffle. He stared at the island far off the distance from the Flaming Mountains, an island unguarded by its great and powerful protector who's mind is probably in shambles as of the moment. It's high time for him to act, but he had to choose carefully if he wants to succeed.

"Woah! Okay, OKAY! Steady, girl."

He looks up and hides with his cloak, letting the wind brush it off after the flying vehicle passed by him.

Lian Xiu. He'd heard about her from time to time, and it's already evident about her relation to the immortal monkey. She's far closer to him than anyone within the Monkey King's circle, much more than his supposedly successor it seemed.

His claws dug on the warm surface of the mountain he leaned on, his teeth showing at a half grin. Many opportunities had been showing up to him, and that woman will be one of the good ones that had come to plan. The joker in the deck he held within his palm.

≿━━━━༺❀༻━━━━≾