A Day off -15-

Chapter quinze -A day off-

Thump, thump, thump, thump...

My eyes were closed, all I could hear was the beat of his heart as I breathed in and out in time with Sebastian. I remembered most of what had happened the night before. I remembered what I needed to and I was doing my best to not stress about it. It was hard, but I felt I was getting there. I had decided things would work out the way they needed to.

At some point during the night we had moved closer together, our limbs ended up tangled. My face was pressed up against his chest, below his chin. It was a nice place to be. I could hear his his soft breathing while the scent of him filled my nose. He smelled earthy, like Sun after a rainy day.

I felt somewhat at ease, on this quiet Wednesday morning.

Wait. Wednesday? We had school and I wasn't at home!

I bolted upright and shot out of bed. Or I tried to. I had to get over Sebastian and my knee ended up smacking him in the chin as I fell on the floor. It made a loud, unpleasant noise and all I heard was him exclaim in pain as landed in a heap beside the bed. "Merde!" He looked over the edge of the bed and down at me. "What th-- ?"

"Today's Wednesday! It's the middle of the week, we have to go to school, we're going to be late!" I said, quickly scrambling to my feet and trying to find my phone.

"Cameron,"

"Don't 'Cameron' me I don't want to be late." I flipped on the light and pulled off his shirt, looking for mine.

"Cameron!" I heard him get up but I still didn't look at him. I moved over to the dresser to try and find my shirt and beanie. I couldn't remember where I put it. At this point, all of the disorganization was making me jittery and uncomfortable.

"I can't— I can't find my stuff, I freaking—" I let out an exasperated sigh of frustration. I turned around to look elsewhere and I ended up bumping into the front side of Sebastian.

"Cameron." He said sharply. He took my face in his hands and leaned down. "Shut up." He said softly.

"What?" I whispered. His eyes looked silvery blue in the morning light. He was really, really close to me.

"Shut up and look outside." He sounded more amused than anything. He released my face and I got on his bed to open the blinds. I pulled them open and let out a soft, "Oh." When I saw outside. Everything was wrapped in a slick icy covering. The roads were frosted over too and the sky was a faded gray.

I turned to face him, still kneeling. I gave him a sheepish smile. "Sorry." I could feel my face turning pink as I got got off the bed. I needed to stop doing these things. I was such an awkward mess sometimes.

"For which part?" Sebastian said, tossing me his shirt that I'd taken off a few minutes before. "Waking me up, hitting me in the face, or freaking out?" He chuckled quietly. He was laughing and I had just launched my knee at his face. That spot was turning an angry pinkish-red. He still looked amused.

I pulled my shirt back on and reached up to touch my beanie before realizing it wasn't there. Oh well. I heard Sebastian shift on the bed, and I glanced at him. I felt the urge to touch the spot from where I had hit him. I reached out, then thought against it. "You can touch me." He said quietly. He closed his eyes, and I let my finger lightly trace against his cheek. It was so intimate, moreso than us kissing, which was odd. I had never touched someone like this before. My finger moved from his cheek to his lips, tracing his cupids bow. I felt him smile against my lips. "What?" I said.

He pulled gently, then he stood up. "Nothing, you're just funny. Come along." I followed him out of the room. It was quiet, the light from window across from Sebastian's room lit the hallway up a little. He lead me downstairs and into the kitchen.