The fall of a nation -13-

Chapter treize -The fall of a nation-

The rest of Monday flew by quickly and soon it was Tuesday morning and I was getting ready for school. My mother had already left for work and I was spooning cereal in my mouth. I felt my phone vibrate, so I stopped and dug into my jeans pocket to retrieve it. I had some weird notification. After a second or two I realized it was a weather notification. The roads were a little icy so they closed down school for the day. They would only be icy until around four, when school was over.

So this was why people wanted to have a party on a Tuesday. They had made it sound like they were planning to kidnap the administrators.

I texted my mom and told her I would be sleeping over at one of my friend's houses for the night. I almost wrote Luke's name, but then I recalled how he was skating on thin ice with her and how that might be a poor decision. We would probably never live his down, considering my mother had such a good memory. She could even remember moments when I had messed up as a child, and she never failed to remind me of those times.

After that, I shot a text to Dannie, telling her I'd come with her tonight. Then I finished my cereal and washed the bowl and spoon. Then I leaned against the counter, phone in hand. I went to my contacts to text Luke, but I found myself hovering over Sebastian's name in my phone. I sighed quietly as the early morning light spilled over me. I thought back to Sarah Anne's words of wisdom and how I might be able to apply it. I still felt unsure about the whole idea but...

Maybe it could turn out to be worth it. I thought, my lips pulling into an unintentional smile.

However, I wasn't going to deal with this just yet. After the party, I told myself resolutely. After. Then I would sort out all my feelings towards him.

But what would I do? I realized with a jolt. I couldn't confess my feelings...could I? He was with Peter now and it might make things weird...

After. I told myself again.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

"Why? Just why?" I said as Dannie applied more gel to my hair. "I don't like this, I don't need this, please stop." She ignored me and kept adding more. My eyes stayed squeezed shut. Then I listened as she rinsed her hands off and dried them.

"You can open your eyes now," She said, the humor evident in her voice. I opened my eyes and my reflection stared back at me in Dannie's mirror, soft green eyes wide. "You look awesome." She hadn't taken my beanie off, she just put some gel in the hair I usually decided to leave out. It was like a little ramp above my forehead.

"Just so you know, I'll probably never let you do this again."

Her lips curved into a soft smile. "I know," She put her arms around my neck from behind and hugged me. "Love you, Cammy!" Then she moved and started putting her gel and other things back into her bathroom cabinets.

"Yeah, whatever." I muttered. "Why do you even have gel?"

She shrugged. "When I had short hair for a while, I thought it would look cute if I spiked it up." She grimaced, turning to walk out of the bathroom. "That was definitely not the case." I trailed after her as she walked down the hallway to her room.

"Isn't that Luke's gel?" It was Axe, and he had a lifetime supply of that kind in his bathroom.

"Yeah." She said quietly as she flicked the light on in her room. I had no idea what was making the two of them so upset, but it was driving me crazy. They still refused to tell me what the problem was. They were being like children. If they happened to be in the same room, they wouldn't make eye contact, they'd just sit on either side of me.