Our first date -16-

Chapter Seize -Our first date-
Song: Death of a Bachelor

The ice melted later in the day Wednesday and I was able to go home, during the week it was much different than it had been before. We couldn't be openly affectionate to each other but it was still exciting. He started sitting next to me at lunch again, everything felt as it should be. If he had anything to say to me that we couldn't say to the group he'd text me, like he did Thursday during our lunch period.

Sebastian:

Have you decided what you want to do for our date tomorrow?

I watched him out of the corner of my eye. He had put his phone down and he was pretending to be intrested in the conversation. I smiled slightly before replying.

Dinner?

I plopped my phone back in my lap and put my head in my hands as I waited for him to respond. Dannie was talking to Shylah about something in an excited voice. She and Luke still weren't back to normal but she didn't seem to be as mad at him, because she sat beside him today. "Really? I didn't know she was like that, I thought she was innocent!"

Shyla snickered, twisting a strand of her wispy hair between her fingers. "You thought!"

Avia snorted beside them. "Let Kaylie live." She looked around then said, "Have any of you seen Dion?"

Shyla pointed across the lunch room at a table near the door. "He's sitting with his friends, why?"

Avia pushed her chair back and stood up. "I forgot to start on my homework for fourth and I need his answers, I had to perform at the band concert last night, and by the way you guys should really come see us sometimes..." She smiled brightly and her eyes, which were lined thickly with black, crinkled. She was adorable even though she spent most of her time scowling.

Luke scoffed. "Everyone knows band sucks." Avia shot him dirty look.

"We don't suck." Luke raised his eyebrows. "Okay, fine. It's not my section that sucks though. And the lower classmen act like they can't even read music." She flipped her dark hair out of her face, still looking disgruntled.

"I thought you played the guitar?" Sebastian said from beside me.

She nodded. "I do, but I can also play drums, and trumbone. I also know some songs on the piano." I thought back to when he had come over that Sunday afternoon and told my mom about his music skills. Aside from her, that had been a good day.

He didn't comment on his own musical talent but he smiled and said, "I would love to hear you play sometime, if you tell me a different time and I am not busy, I'll come watch you."

She smiled brightly at him and turned to Luke, giving him the finger. "At least someone appreciates me."

Dannie muttered, "Same." As Avia walked away, probably to Diontrey's table. "So how is everyone today?" Dannie said with a bright smile.

"Good." Shyla said.

"Okay." I muttered.

"Great." Luke said.

Dannie gave Luke a pointed look. "Hm." He stuck his tongue out at her and she ignored him.

"I'm feeling pretty good." Sebastian said with a smile. I felt my face get warm as watched him pulled his phone out to reply to me.

Okay. Do you have somewhere in mind?

I do. It's a surprise.

After that the bell rang so I pocketed my phone, tossed my trash, and Sebastian walked with me to our next class.