New love, old love -17-

Chapter dix-sept -New love, old love-

"This is the funniest thing, I've got to show you this it's hilarious." Dannie closed out of the netflix tab and she pulled up her email. "They made my mom watch a new safety procedures video for her job, and she edited memes into it..." We had been watching shows the last hour or so. It had been quiet. Luke was on his way over, whatever issues that they had, they seemed to have worked through it at the last party. It made me feel good that they were speaking again.

"Get off that phone," She reached over to flick me in the forehead.

I dodged her hand. "Just a second," I was texting Sebastian.

I missed seeing you today ):

Where were you? I missed you too

Alice scheduled me for a doctor's appointment and I totally forgot, sorry <3

it's okay, do you wanna do something this weekend

definitely! (:

Dannie reached over and snatched my phone out my hand. "I'm more important than your bitches." She tossed my phone across the room into her pile of stuffed animals. I groaned, it would be difficult to find later. I sighed and settled in to watch the video.

Just as Dannie hit play there was a knock at the door. She sighed exasperatedly. "Why is that idiot knocking on the door? He has a set of keys." She ignored it, then she the knock came again, harder. She jumped out of bed, jostling a few teddy bears. She stomped off angrily, muttering a mix of profanities and Luke's name. I decided to wait for her to come back, then I heard a loud noise and Dannie swearing again, which piqued my intrest.

I got out of the bed and quietly made my way to the edge of the hallway so I could peek around the wall and see what was going on. "...I wanted to apologize for what happened at the party...and before that. I've been a dick to you and I shouldn't have been." A familar voice said from the doorway. The light from outside was so bright it was obscuring most of his features. All I could really make out was his long hair. "You don't have to accept my apology, because I know you have a boyfriend...or two? I don't know, either way it doesn't matter." He cleared his voice. "If you ever want to be friends or otherwise, I'm here." There was a long pause.

Then Dannie said, "Okay." With a sense of finality and she closed the door. She didn't move for a few moments, then she turned and saw me standing in the hallway. I rushed to formulate something, an apology or an explanation. She held up her hand. "It's okay. That was just...weird." Her hazel eyes were full of something I couldn't quite put my finger on. She shook her head and led me back into her room.

She had just started the video when we heard the sound of the door open. It was Luke. Dannie pause the video again and Luke poked his head in. "Yo," He tossed her a bag of sour worms and he tossed me some cheese puffs. "Why am I always buying you little shits snacks?" He asked as he opened up his prezels and took his spot on the bed. "I know your mom leaves you a lot of damn money," He said to Dannie.

Normally she'd make some joke about wanting to fuel capitalism as little as possible, but all she could seem to muster up was tight smile. My eyes met Luke's and I knew he saw the same. He scooted closer to her. "What's wrong?" She shook her head. "Don't bullshit me, I know you." He shook her head again and he frowned. "I thought we've known each other long enough to not lie to each other anymore."

Immediately her face changed from troubled and she gave him an incredulous look. "Seriously? You lied to me very recently if I do recall."

"You said you were over that! Or did you lie about that too?" He said angrily. I felt uncomfortable but I knew if I tried to leave they'd try to make me pick a side and I didn't want to do that.