The Monday after -7-

Chapter sept -The Monday after-

Song: Perfect by Simple Plan

Dedicated to CuppedCake because she's a sugary ball of happniess and her writing is superub. Chip is like, the most adorable thing in her story Baked Love. I can't get enough >.< Oh and don't look at the gif yet, you'll spoil this chapter for yourself... you'll know when to look. Someone asked for pictures of the cast, they'll be up next chapter. I'll stop talking now and let you read...

"Oh stop it you!" My mother gushed from the stove. Sebastian grinned from his place on the other side of the table. I rolled my eyes at his expression.

"She's eating it up. She likes it when people tell her she looks young." I whispered to him.

He shrugged, "It's true though. She looks like she can't be any older than thirty." My mother smiled as she sat a plate a food in front of Sebastian than one in front of me. I wrinkled my nose at the hairy things on the plate. Sebastian started to dig into his food right away. I picked at the skin of peach with my fingernail. I peeled two long strips of peach skin off before taking a bite.

"What are you doing?" Sebastian said, watching me with my little pick and pull routine.

I made a face. "I don't like the peach skin. It's fuzzy and it makes me feel weird." He smiled and shook his head as if to say I'm still not used to you and your strangeness. I was mildly surprised that my mother hadn't remembered I didn't like peach skin but should I really have been? As much as she liked to act like we were all buddy-buddy sometimes, that wasn't really the truth. The distance that had been between us for a while was slowly lengthening as time went on. I didn't know if I wanted to stop it or not.

Speak of the devil, my mother sat down at the table. "Get your elbow off the table, Cameron." I did as she instructed. "I'm a bit curious, where are you from, Sebastian? You've got an accent."

He explained that he was from France, what part, a bit about his family, blah blah blah. They chatted for a bit while I munched on my sandwich and picked at the peach. "Do you like music? Play any instruments, things like that?" I stiffened a little when I heard her mention that. I thought of what was sitting in the back of my closet and why it was there. What was she trying to do?

"I play the piano."

She clapped her hands happily. "Cameron here can't really stick with anything. I tried to get him to play a few different things, but it's just not his strong suit." I lowered my eyes and dug my nail into the soft flesh of the peach, twisting it viciously. She didn't need to remind me that I wasn't good at anything. I already knew that without her saying it. "It's good to know you're disciplined. Maybe some of that'll rub off on Cameron." Another underhanded comment.

I felt heat raising to my face in embarrassment. "Yeah, maybe." I mumbled, still stabbing my peach. They continued talking for a good fifteen minutes before Sebastian said he had to go.

"Oh, maybe you'd like to go to church with us. It's a bit late but there's still the five o'clock service later." I sighed, remembering I still had to suffer through a long service because it was Sunday. At least if he went it'd be more bearable.

"No thank you," He politely declined. "I don't have time, my aunt's expecting me home soon." Lucky. He had an excuse to not go. He thanked my mother for allowing him to come over then he left. For some reason I felt sad to see him go. Almost like I wanted him to st--

"Cameron, clean this up." My mother gestured to the table. I mumbled a "yes ma'am" and began picking up the plates. "He seems like a nice kid. You should have him over more." Yeah, so you can point out what's wrong with me? I think not.