Iris flowers -24-

Chapter vingt quarte  -Iris flowers-

The next morning, I drifted into awareness at the sound of whispering. I rolled over to move closer to Sebastian but I was met with a pillow and a cold patch of the bed. Realizing it was just me, I pulled the pillow against my chest and attempted to slip back into sleep. I was just dozing off again when I heard creaky footsteps and soft whispers enter the room. 

"...I don't think she will. Are you okay with this?" Sebastian said quietly.

"Why would I care? As long as he stays in your room and doesn't take too many breakfast puffs in the morning," Noel said with a chuckle. I heard the squeak of the floorboards, when he spoke again his voice was delicate, like he was trying to watch his step. "Are you in love?" There was a pause. "That feeling...can it feel the same?"

"Your mom told you the flower shop story right?" I heard Sebastian sigh, deep and long. "The first time I loved someone, It did not happen like that. It was fucking in public bathrooms to  avoid his parents, acting like we didn't know each other at school. What I have with Cameron isn't like that. Even though we had a rocky start, was not his fault, it was his mother in his head. When I'm with him things make sense..." He trailed off. 

That was the last thing I heard before I drifted off again.

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*

"Hey," Came Sebastian's voice in my ear.  "Good morning."

"Hey," His morning voice vibrated through my body. "We should do something today,"

 "What's there to do?" I said sleepily, pulling my body up to lean against the headboard with him. The sun peeked through the curtains beside us, peachy rays calling us to greet them.

"We could go out or...not." He poked my exposed skin and I flicked him. He flashed me a sheepish grin. "I think there is a carnival going on? We could go to that." 

"Be that as it may, I don't have any more clean clothes," I said.

"Well we can go buy you some. You are probably going to need clothes if you live here, that is optional though," He said with a laugh. 

"Don't make me flick you again." I said even though my face was probably beet red. "Instead of buying more I should probably just get mine from my-- I mean mom's house." I felt a pang of sadness but I pushed it down.

I glanced over at Sebastian, a small crinkle had formed between his bushy brows. "Are you sure that's the best idea?"

I shook my head. "Probably not but I know when she works and I'd rather sneak in and steal a few of my own outfits instead of buying more clothes when I don't have to." I chewed on my bottom lip. I could probably get away with this.

"How would you even get in?"

"Spare key... what time is it?"

He fished his phone out of his shorts. "It is...four thirty." He said.

"Alright we've got a half hour. Can we go now?" I said hopefully.

"Cameron...I don't know if this is the best idea." He said, that little spot between his brows deepening.

"You're getting that little line again. Keep making that face and it'll stay like that," I said before stretching up to kiss the small indentation. He laughed and pulled me into his lap.

"Good point. I am serious though, I do not want anything to happen to you. Why can't we just stay here and kiss instead, huh?" He gave me a quick smooch before bursting out laughing. "You have awful morning breath!"