Little Ms. Goody two shoes -12-

Chapter douze -Little Ms. Goody Two Shoes-

After a moment of standing outside, the door opened, and through the door, I saw Sarah Anne's grin. She widened the gap, and as I was mumbling, "Hi," She was reaching for my wrist. She jerked me into her house and she lead me inside.

Her house was nicely decorated, I noted as she tugged me along. There were pictures plastered all over the hallway walls she was leading me down. I saw some from when she was younger, but none that looked recent. It appered she was an only child.

The long hallway ended and led into an open living room and kitchen. She pulled me into the kitchen where I saw Pastor McClain standing, his back to us. The smell of fresh veggies was accompanied by periodic chops. "Hey, dad!"

He stopped chopping and turned to face us. He smiled just as bright as his daughter. "Hello Sarah Anne, hello Cameron, how are you?" Pastor McClain was a tall man with blondish-brown hair that was now more gray than anything.

"I'm good sir, how are you?"

"Good, good." He wiped his hands on a nearby dishtowel. "How's your mom?"

"She's fine."

"Glad to hear it. I actually have to run out for a bit, I'll be back in an hour or so... Can I trust you to be alone with my daughter?" He raised an eyebrow.

"Dad!" Sarah Anne interjected. She hopped up on the counter and frowned at him.

"Y-yes sir, of course you can." Why did I stutter so much?

He smiled and me and gave me a hard clap on the shoulder. "Glad to hear it son, be back soon, Sarah Anne." He walked over to her and swooped into give her a light kiss on the cheek. Then he grabbed a jacket that was hanging over one of the kitchen chairs before going out the side door.

Did I imagine it, or had she cringed slightly when her dad gave her that peck on the cheek?

"Finally," She muttered lowly as the door closed. My eyes flickered up to her as she hopped down from the counter. "C'mon." She beckoned for me to go over to her. I was a little confused, but I got up and walked over to her and her hand was at my wrist once more to pull me to whatever destination she had in mind.

Apparently it was upstairs.

"Uh, Sarah Anne..." I said as she dragged me down the hallway. "Are you sure I should be up--" I cut myself off as she pushed the door open that was labeled 'Sarah Anne's Room' in cursive script. To my surprise, the room looked nothing like what it should have, given the girly sign and her personality.

All I could think was how mad my mother would be if my room ever looked that bad. It was shockingly disorganized. Her room was covered with posters from bands like Bring Me The Horizon, Suicide Silence, and Fallout Boy. Her desk was covered in albums, papers, and drawings. She had more clothes than carpet on the floor, I watched as she kicked a path from the door to her bed. She brushed a button up shirt along with a pink hoodie onto the floor then sat down on the edge of the bed. She patted the spot beside her and I found myself walking over to her and sitting down.

I looked at her, trying to hide my shock. I never would have thought this would have been her room, but then again, I didn't know her all that well. Her eyes were trained intently on me. "Cameron?" She questioned, and for some reason I felt myself growing nervous.

"Y-yes?"

"Are you..." She drew her bottom lip into her mouth with her teeth then pushed it out again. "....Good at keeping secrets?" What?

"Um, yes, why?" I watched as she reached up to touch the long braid resting against her shoulder. She only smiled slightly before yanking her braid. I nearly fainted as I watched it fly off and land in her lap. She smiled wider, then her fingers were slipping under the stocking cap she had on her head. She took it off and I watched what was her real hair fell just below her ears. It was a midnight black streaked with faded blues and purples. She looked totally different.